• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Block or not

FHFO

I bought my wheel house late Feb. I used it once in March I blocked it with 4x4's. Seemed a bit breezy under house. Banked it best I could (snow was hard) I'm so use to permanent houses.if it was early ice and not much snow wind would freeze my holes if I was up on the 4x4's.

I drop mine to the ice, just keep an eye for the weight of the house putting pressure on the ice that will cause flooding, a heavy snow year will cause flooding mostley. do you have hole sleeve? ment to this year but next year if i dont up grade im gona insulate the under side of the floor, which I should have done the first year or got a houe with it done.

most people do, ido, before you remove slush, put the sleeve down to form a seal into the slush then clean the hole. cutting them to size depends, I craked my house down and cut to fit based on that, granted you will probably be on some snow which will raise the house higher than your origional cut, hense the slush seal.

Cut my sleeves to fit the hole when the house is down on bare ice and it still seals pretty good even when there is a foot of snow on the ice.

I rarely leave the house unattended on the ice as it goes home with me after every outing so I never have an issue with the house freezing down.

My floor is well insulted no heat loss issue there either.

Grew up using a perm and the first thing we'd do on arrival each weekend (if we weren't having it moved) was to jack it, re-block and re-bank.

I'll be going on my 4th season with my ice castle this year and have never blocked it. I also never leave it on the lake however.

If you are going to leave it down for a prolonged time (more than a weekend), block it. If you're like me and pull it off after every trip, no need.