• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Worms in basement and getting more?

MJBaldwin

I'll make it quick I'm looking for a way to get rid of these little buggers. I have lived in my house about 5 years and have seen them before but nothing like this past couple weeks. They are a hard worm sometimes they are dead sometime they are walking around they curl up too.. I have noticed they like wet towels and things like that (pile before we do the laundry) so I have tried to eliminate those but they get up in the basket and everything!

Please help and let me know how to get rid of them it's grossing the wife out and we all know that's just not a good idea!!

full-31702-49188-image.jpg

full-31702-49189-image.jpg

I have a dehumidifier and it hasnt been running too much latley due to the fact its been dry... After the google search that "leech" suggested it looks like might be becuase I added mulch outside along my house this summer? Just wondering if there are any chemicals I can spray around my foundation (outside) and then possibly in the basement as thats where they are mainly hanging around. Not too worried about spraying in the basement as my dog and kid dont go down there often... Other wise on my main floor I get a little worried about doing that even though they say its safe...

You might consider Tempo or one of the similar products. There seem to be several that are similar, although different chemicals that are used for this type of application. Deltamethrin (suspend) or Bifenthrin (talstar) are a couple.

They're coming into your house in search of moisture, which they need to live. You might notice that when it gets really dry out, Millipedes, Centipedes, etc., will start to appear inside, especially if it's cooler and damp. Run a dehumidifier, and don't pile wet clothes up anywhere.

For me, doing the above and a spray of good ol' Raid along the bottom of walls/floors worked.