• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Not what I was hoping for.... Need advice

Sorry to hear of the troubles. Here is where I'm having a problem:

"Her 2nd shot was a 23 yard broadside shot. I watched the lighted nock and arrow hit the deer a little high and back but not terrible. BUT there was absolutely no penetration."

To me, a little high and back is under the spine but in the upper rib cage. How does any broadhead not penetrate? At any rate it was a disapointment. I'm not sure what happened and it may not be the fault of the broadhead. That being said, I switched to G5's this year, because I got tired of the mechanicals deploying every time the blade gets bumped. Resharpenable, no inserts, just a solid head. Lots of good choices out there. Good luck.

I don't know why it happened the way it did, but I had a clear view of the deer and I found the arrow. I'm as baffled as the rest of you when you read the story. All I know is I trailed it for as long as I could, then I searched, searched, and searched some more.

We switched to Thunderheads last night and shot about 25 arrows through the bow. We left shooting well: full-32019-49202-photo.jpg

The thunderheads seemed to fly true and we are looking forward to another opportunity soon.