• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Archery opener reports

Got in my stand about 5:45 and had 2 deer behind me but too dark to tell what they were.

Bout 7:15 had a huge does 14 yards from me broadside and I got up without the doe knowing, she walked around a bit, I drew back to shoot and she busted me. Not quite sure what I was, she stomped her foot maybe 1 dozen times, did the drop the head and lift it but she could not figure out what I was. Slowly she walked off never giving me a good shot. I thought I was going to fill one of my bonus doe tags early.

Fun morning and I will be back out about 3 for the evening round.

Boy, as usual with all the leaves on the tree's, they all of a sudden appear right in front of you. She slipped in without a sound and there she was.

It was a beautiful few hours in the tree even at 30, nice to get up in the tree again.

No deer sightings, but my metro area parking lots were very full. I'm thinking it has to do with the new regs. Last year I was literally the only one at the WMA on opening day. I'm going a little farther south tonight in hopes of finding some space.

Pulling into my parking spot there was a doe standing there. Walking to my stand I jumped one. At 6:45 I had 2 does walking toward me and they decided to bed down about 35 yards away next to a fallen tree. Every once and awhile I can see her head and ears move. Kinda cool.

Saw 8 from stand Saturday morning, a spike, two 8's, two does together with 3 fawns. Could likely have shot any of them, but too small. Hunted different spot Saturday not didn't see anything. Didn't go yesterday, going tonight to a different property where this guy lives...

full-5070-49122-mfdc1357.jpg

Went out sat evening and it was fun got to the stand about 515 and by 530 had a doe and fawn feeding in the beans. I wish we had doe tags cause I would have filled one on what looked to be 3 dry does from yr came next. The out came the bucks ended up seeing 7 different buck 4 eights 3 of which are nice and one little one. Then out came the 9pter I thought would possibly shoot but after watching him in feild for about an hr before he came towards the stand I decided nope hold out for a bigger one. Im guessing after all the pics from velvet and now seeing him hard horned hes gonna go 130ish. At one time I had 5 of the bucks within 12 yds. I have video from my phone of 2 of the 8s sparring so the only thing i was missing was the 12ptr were looking for. For sunday only saw 6 all does and fawns no horns but all the animals were up and feeding. Good luck to all.

sat morning had a small buck come out behind me at about 40yds and he kept walking away; nothing sat night, sunday morning i had a 1.5year old doe walk in about a minute after i set up (was running late) and shot her at 645, all done now until party hunting rifle season. Do have 2 nice bucks showing up on one of my cams, hopefully they make it through the season!

now more time for feather creatures and perhaps some fall fishing grin