• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Heater under window

JSK76

I'm building a small 4x6 light weight house to use while the ice is getting thick enough for my 8x16 wheel house. Cost of a vented heater would be as much as I have into the house but it would be nice. I've had both vented and non vented and this is the only instance I would go non vented.

It will fog all windows in the fish house, even if it's not directly under them. I have a 6x8 and a 6x15, and both houses have non vented heaters. The larger one has double door on the back, with aluminum frame, and the frost builds up on it from the moisture.

Why not go with a mr. buddy heater? It would heat a house that size easily, especially in early season. It has brackets to mount on a wall, and still portable for other uses.

I'm thinking of useing one, I have one in each of the 3 sizes. My biggest worry is with 1.5" foam walls and such a small house that I'm constantly be turning the thing off and on to keep from being cooked out, same with a vented Nu-Way style heater. I would like a heater with a built in thermostat. Going wood crossed my mind briefly, I already have a stove and pipe but it will take up a lot of room and I will be pulling this house off every night (think of it has a hard side portable) and pullining it home on a trailer and worry about the air from driving pushing down the chimney and pushing out an ember and starting the house on fire. Wood would be hard to regulate the temp also.

So while I was writing that last post I've had my 3800 btu mr buddy basecamp going in the house that's out in the garage. The temp in the garage is 47, and the humidity 49%. The house isn't insulted yet and I don't have a seal around the door yet. After 10 minutes it's 85 and the humidity actually dropped to 37%.