• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Peterson Indicted for Child Abuse

LMITOUT

Keep in mind, the nfl and the Vikings knew about this in May. They were both happy to sweep this under the rug, until the public found out about it. That tells the real story of the nfl. Thanks to our legislators for spending millions of tax dollars (yes tax dollars now that e pull tabs are belly up) on this wonderful business.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's the one who left those marks then it's the end of his career after Ray Rice got kicked out. If he left those marks he's an stubborn-one who should be booted. You don't hit a kid with anything but an open hand and it's a smack on the but not a beating. [PoorWordUsage] is the matter with these idiots. Takes a big man to whip a 4 year old.

Look at the stature of AP and compare him to a 4 year old. Are you kidding me? You are allowed to SPANK a child with an open hand, from the neck down an not leave a mark that lasts more than two days. You can NEVER use anything to hit them with.

Yes we all got hit with a switch or whatnot growing up so I guess that makes it right to do it now. People used to smoke while pregnant, drink and drive, no seat belts for kids, the list goes on and on with what was done 30 years or more ago. Doesn't make it right then and sure as hellz doesn't make it right now.

I am normally considered rather conservative and old fashioned, but when it comes to punishing children there is no freakin way it should ever lead to leaving a mark, much less draw blood. I wouldn't treat my dog that poorly!

Being a parent of a child is not ownership for crying out loud. You beat your neighbor with tree branch and you are going to jail, you beat a 4 year old with a branch and it is OK, at least to some? I totally fail to see the reasoning there.

I can see this as "discipline" if it would have bee a in the moment, grabbed a stick and give the kid a swat on the rear. ONE swat, maybe 2.

The pics I see are only of his thigh, look at how many lashes the thigh alone took.!!

Repeated strikes seems like anger not disipline.

Something is very fishishy though. While I am definirely no condoning any of his actions, Adrian was completely forthcoming the entire time even testifying before a grand jury before season started. Also, in early summer prosecutor brought charges before a different grand jury and no charges were filed at that time stating charges were not warranted. So what happened between that gRand jury and the most recent one. It reeks of someone trying to make a name for themselves off the Ray Rice scandal. A fine and community service is definitely in order along with some counseling and time served. I will assume he did not know better but consider that highly doubtful since he has the entire NFL at his disposal. Now I understand why the vikings kept 3 running backs & 2 half backs on the final 53 man roster. They knew something. Should have been traded, plenty of talent behind him on the roster.

I believe that a parent has a right to discipline his/her children in any manner they choose. Growing up, I knew what a switch was, and got to choose the one I was going to get it with. So, I am with AP on that.

If he truly lacerated the scrotum, and there are pictures that is another thing. I believe its unintentional, but I have to side with what Reusse said on his show yesterday, AP just buried a son who was beat to death, and less than a year later has this on him.

So now the NFL has a big one to face here, in the simplest terms, Rice got banned for a year (at least) for punching an adult female friend (at the time). What does AP get for tearing open the scrotum of his 4 year old child????

There comes a time that discipline crosses a line and becomes outright assault. It the photos show the actual outcome of the "discipline" that is assault.

As I see it there is no way someone who does that should be in a showcase leader type role like a NFL player.

I think this entire issue has gotten out of hand.....If an approach such as the Ray Rice punishment by the NFL and possibly a similar one to Adrian Peterson is applied , where does the matter of criminal law apply?....Isnt this getting to be a form of vigilante justice?.....Likey MANY more NFL players are in real danger of similar penalties from the NFL , but not from law enforcement authorities.....If we were to use this same approach to the general public , how many would be punished, even if their cases had been through the criminal justice system?.....Many of you reading this might qualify for this court of public opinion....A penalty is one thing , but, losing your employment for a year or more is just plain arbritrary and a punishment not fitting the bad deed.

So in a week where a Commissioner is exposed as a fraud and a star RB has a video released that turns the majority of the country against him, suddenly the Vikings most popular player comes along and does something that not only knocks them right off the screen crawler but actually makes them look tame by comparison. Figures.

No way I could ever support that kind of "discipline" particularly on a 4 year old kid. That poor kid must have been screaming his head off in terror. Multiple lacerations on his legs and who knows where else? Peterson has a serious problem. If I started whipping my 7 year old son like that until he was bruised and bleeding I cant imagine what he would think of me. Kids know when they are being punished out of love or if they are being abused. This kind of treatment is abuse in my book.

I think this entire issue has gotten out of hand.....If an approach such as the Ray Rice punishment by the NFL and possibly a similar one to Adrian Peterson is applied , where does the matter of criminal law apply?....Isnt this getting to be a form of vigilante justice?.....Likey MANY more NFL players are in real danger of similar penalties from the NFL , but not from law enforcement authorities.....If we were to use this same approach to the general public , how many would be punished, even if their cases had been through the criminal justice system?.....Many of you reading this might qualify for this court of public opinion....A penalty is one thing , but, losing your employment for a year or more is just plain arbritrary and a punishment not fitting the bad deed.

I dunno, a driver of any kind gets a DUI and he is off work for a while, maybe for good. How many other jobs have the random pee in the cup thing for keeping their job.

You want a job in the public spotlight? There are going to be certain standards that need to maintained. NFL, NBA, NHL players all in that spotlight and supposed role models for young sports players. You think this is a good role model? Not the kind of krap I want my kids and grandkids looking up to.

I bet jerry Jones made this get pushed. The vikes will cut him, NFL ban for a year and then jerry and Peterson get their wish to play for cowboys.

If the reports are true that his injuries included lacerations to the kids scrotum then he should be done with football. There is NOTHING that a 4 year old could do that would remotely warrant that type of punishment whether intentional or that that is way way out of hand.

This guys is going to be crucified for leaving marks on his kid that are no worse than if the kid fell down on the sidewalk. The pussification of America continues, along with the "I wanna be famous" syndrome of baby mamas.

One is intentional (maybe not the wounds but the act); one is an accident. One's because of the father's actions; one is because of the child's actions. Big difference.

I bet jerry Jones made this get pushed. The vikes will cut him, NFL ban for a year and then jerry and Peterson get their wish to play for cowboys.

If the reports are true that his injuries included lacerations to the kids scrotum then he should be done with football. There is NOTHING that a 4 year old could do that would remotely warrant that type of punishment whether intentional or that that is way way out of hand.

I do not believe one should lose their job due to something done in their personal life but if AP did what has been stated, then I would agree, beating a 4 year old is beyond bad.

Vikings need to terminate his contract.

The NFL is full of thugs.

Innocent until proven guilty. Right??? Oh, that's right, he's black, and you are full blown racist. Lets wait and see what happens. Apparently more than one jury before this one did not see enough evidence to indict him. We dont know that some of those marks werent made by the money-grubbing woman that he has this child with. I am at least willing to hear his side of the story.

Peterson admitted in grand jury testimony that he went too far and was sorry.

He has confessed that he did this.

A few of the facts of the case are as follows......

Peterson has apologized for doing this

Peterson has admitted he "whooped" his son

Peterson admitted in Grand Jury testimony he went to far and was sorry.

Seems pretty open and shut.

This piece of trash will get a slap on the wrist and then shack up with another woman and produce another child out of wedlock.

Even a simple farmer like you Buck should understand that.

Also Buck why am I racist?

We dont know that some of those marks werent made by the money-grubbing woman that he has this child with. I am at least willing to hear his side of the story.

He was the one who liked to 'd'uck the dirties.

That's all on him.

A leopard can paint over his spots and appear different but they will always be there.

Bottom line is Peterson ADMITTED HE DID THIS! It's not open for debate whether or not he's guilty. He's already admitted his guilt. The NFL has become a cancer full of millionaires who buy their way through the legal system because they're incapable of staying out of it.

Who cares of his stature within the NFL ranks? He's not above the law.