• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Peterson Indicted for Child Abuse

LMITOUT

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NFL has already drafted an appeal and its to be submitted by the end of the week. The supposed reinstatement did nothing to the timeframe for Peterson to be active and the appeal will guarantee that the process will easily last until April. With that being said, the players association has to grow a pair and start representing the players. Its a microcosm of any business presently where the workers are looking for stronger representation from the union, paying ridiculous dues and getting nothing in return. It's obvious, with the courts ruling against the NFL in consecutive cases, that the NFL is operating in a bubble and are going against federal labor laws. Regarding Peterson's father, I hope Peterson doesn't listen to that prison serving addict as he has set a great example so far for his son. Nothing but rumors. Peterson has shown very little contrition for his actions which obviously affected the Vikings record last year.

The NFL may file for an appeal on the case but ultimately this goes back to the "independent" arbitrator who will then have no other choice but to lift all suspensions and his exempt status.

Doing anything less than this would be another huge black eye for Goodell and his rat pack in NY.

They can still appeal the case but his suspension would be over....

This after the local media has told us time and time again that running backs do not make the kind of money that AP does. Apparently they do.

I'd rather keep him, he's under contract right? If he doesn't want to play here does that mean we automatically have to trade him, even if we don't get fair value? Whats funny about all of this is that AP's camp seems to think they are the ones wronged, and the Vikings need to make up with him to get things back on track.

This one is pretty simple, get a good deal in a trade or make him play for the contract he's already obligated to.

Hopefully Rick has been fielding some offers trying to get the most out of it. If it's something dumb like a 3rd-4th round pick might as well just keep him.

I'd rather keep him, he's under contract right? If he doesn't want to play here does that mean we automatically have to trade him, even if we don't get fair value?

If he doesn't want to play here but we don't want to trade him or cut him, he can sit out or retire. Those are his options at this point. If we don't blink he'll be a Viking and he'll suit up. He might not like it, but after sitting out basically all of last year, disgruntled or not, he'll put a helmet on for us.

I agree that his "I feel slighted" and "I am a victim here" shtick is vomit-inducing. YOU BROUGHT THIS ON YOURSELF! Makes me mad, but most of these athletes are divas and plenty have done worse and still have a job. I certainly don't agree with it, but sadly it's the nature of the NFL. There are some really good dudes that do great community work, and there are some really bad people that beat 4 year olds with sticks and punch out fiances in elevators. I hope nobody cheers these guys on for moral reasons...

I want the fiasco to end. I want him gone. As much as I have loved watching him play this whole bit about him being the victim here has me irritated.

I think most of the fiasco and him being the victim is more of the media playing games then anything else.

I am a huge Vikings fan. I don't miss a game. Can you imagine if Adrian scored a touchdown and the stadium was quiet?

Never happen most if not all fans can separate the 2 issues.

If he ever scores for us, and i hope he does, it will be loud and boisterous!

This kid has no clue. Wants out of MN because he was "treated poorly". He doesn't even know the meaning of the words. All the while he romps around like a five year old.

Quote:
Adrian Peterson celebrated his 30th birthday over the weekend with a big party in Texas. The celebration had elaborate costumes, an ice bar, a cake shaped like a palace, and a camel, which Peterson rode. The theme appeared to be "What A Very Dumb 30-Year-Old Thinks The Middle East Looks Like."

ljsv3ryatu31r0ds9aer.jpg

His Agent is baiting us all..........seems like a shmuck. Granted he wants to make millions, but he does kinda seem slimy.

I agree, his agent is a tool. He is the one that "doesn't think MN is the right fit anymore", "declining dinner invitations", and thinks AP should be "traded and get a new contract."

Why? Because he will make more money that way off his commissions, not like he's looking out for the best interest of his client. More then likely if AP gets traded and gets a new contract it will be for less then what he makes now.

The media and his agent have the agenda, the Vikes have him under contract and say they are looking forward to him playing. If you listen to the owners and the coach last they heard from talking with AP everything was good.

They may just be saying that to try and increase his value, sure if a team comes in with a deal that sweeps them off their feet they will take it. If not I think they are content with the situation as it is right now.

In my opinion AP needs to ditch his agent and tell his dad to shut his pie.

+2 to Floydsie.

When times get controversial, a good agent should be the one looking like a jerk. Their whole mission is to maximize the dollar for their athlete. And taking the PR hit instead of the athlete is to their advantage too.

I hold no ill will towards Adrian's wife, and I have no idea what type of person she is. But I was very surprised when he publically linked her desires as one of the main reasons he wanted out. Even if that is the absolute truth, not sure I would put that out there.

Hope the Vikes just hold the line here. I don't think getting a 2nd rounder does us much good, when he will likely go beast mode this year. I really doubt he decides to sit out when he stands to lose his salary AND more games of his remaining career. His football legacy is likely as important as his pocketbook, and you add to neither by pouting in the corner come game time.