• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vikes vs Patriots

FISHINGURU

Thoughts?

This will be a true test for our team, we will be going against some of the best coaching and game planning in the league. They will be able to attack our weakness and audible at the line. Brady will be able to get into the correct plays and protections.

That being said, if we get into Brady's head and start putting him on the ground we have a chance. He's a different QB when he starts getting hit, he don't like to get dirty. My biggest concern is Vareen coming out of the backfield, they are going to try and get him matched up 1 on 1 with our LB's.

I think we can move the ball and score on offense, be interesting to see if they use Revis on Patterson all game, I don't think it will matter because we will move him around.

It's gonna be a tough one but I'm gonna have to go with the Vikes, give me a double shot of that purple stuff!! grin

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always a chance at home but the victory last week vs a 2nd and then 3rd string QB didn't provide enough competition for our defense to get any kind of handle on how good they are. I'd love for the Vikings to throttle Belichek but don't like our chances.

...if we get into Brady's head and start putting him on the ground we have a chance. He's a different QB when he starts getting hit, he don't like to get dirty.
That's 99% of QBs, except Favre who relished the big hits.

Toughguy - Yup, those Patriots just aren't as good as they were 3-5 years ago. They've only gone 10-6, 14-2, 13-3, 12-4, and 12-4 in the past five seasons. Sounds like they are slumping! Sheesh.

This is still a very good team that wore down in what has been described as a very hot and muggy south Florida sun. Don't kid yourselves. The Patriots are a northern climate outdoor team, which is more than the Vikings can say up until this season.

I really like Zimmer and Norv so far, and think that they will be drawing up a very good game against New England. That said, Belichik is one of the greatest coaches of the modern era paired up with one of the greatest QBs - they don't lose back-to-back games very often.

I think it will be a close game but the Patriots pull out a close victory by less than 10 points.

Tough game, especially with the Pats coming off a game one drubbing. I also think it's still too early to really know what kind of team the Vikes will actually end up being.

I think the Vikes can pull this off IF our D-line can put the kind of pressure on Brady we saw against the Rams. Griffen needs to have a huge game as does the entire defensive front.

It's a HOME game so I'm going with the HOME team. I think Zimmer and Co. squeak one out on Sunday....

I wish I could be as optimistic as others. My memory from that game against the Pats in 2006 still lingers. A Monday night game and the Vikes had assembled an awesome defense everyone thought could shut them down. I think I left the game in the third quarter it was so putrid.

I decided not to go bowhunting Sunday, rather go to the game. Much less hope than '06, but anxious to see what the team can do against a quality opponent. Fool me once.....