• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall Turkey Hunting

DonBo

With most of us only being able to take one deer this year, why not extend the season with fall turkey hunting?

Tags are over the counter here in Minnesota with the season opening Oct. 4th. Unfortunately the limit is one bird. Any bird.

There are always lots of leftover permits available across the river in Wisconsin. You can buy one a day till they run out, and they don't run out. Season opens this Saturday, Sept 13.

Since you're going to be in the woods anyway, why not give it a try this year. You may just get hooked on a new sport.

Right on Don

I will have one in the pocket and if things work out make my way to WI. I also will be putting more time in hunting in the metro to put a few does on the ground for the freezer. Going to take the first buck that gives me a shot not going to be picky this year.

Turkey hunting should always be on our minds spring is never too far away either. grin

Donbo, when you say they're over the counter, is that for archery or gun or do you have to declare a weapon??

Nope, fall tags are over the counter, no distinction on weapon used.