• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

If you Won the POWERBALL.........

B-man715

The recent lottery winner has me again dreaming of hitting it BIG smile

What would you do if you won the lottery????

Would you use some of your money to improve fishing and hunting in the area??

For the last few hours I was daydreaming of what I would do. Obviously I would go on countless trips to all sorts of destinations, but human nature would inevitably lead it into boredom, so I would eventually need something else to fill some time as well.

I envision opening a large sporting goods store, with the sole purpose to raise funds to go towards fish, wildlife and conservation.

100% of the profits would be put back into the state. Sort of a non-profit retail store if you will.

I imagine having countless rows of tackle and hunting supplies, each item would have a sticker on it with the amount of walleye fry, musky fingerlings, or square feet of future public hunting grounds that the revenue would go towards grin

Prices would be competitive, with a knowledgeable staff to assist customers.

Buy a Rapala, and you automatically stocked 1000 walleye fry. A new reel, maybe 10 fingerlings. Even a small jig that has a 15 cent profit after overhead could stock 60 fry!!

A tree stand that nets $40 profit could buy 2000 square feet of public hunting grounds smile

After you check out I imagine a row of kiosks that would allow you to choose the county or even the specific lake you would like the proceeds to go towards.

Get your creative juices flowing and post your ideas!

Now please excuse me as I go back to reality cry

I would do some things for humankind but not anything as trivial as hunting and fishing. There are little kids starving in other countries, kids with no medical services in many areas. I work with some people from Mexico and they laugh about being illiterate in 2 languages. There you have to pay to go to school. Its a different world outside of America. I could help a lot of folks and still have enough money for me to hunt and fish every day.

Well I lost an eye in Mexico

Lost two teeth where I don't know

People see me comin' and they move to the other side of the road

I robbed a liquor store or two

Made myself at home a few times

Borrowed myself a car when I needed it

I got me a shack at the bottom of the road

Fixin' cars and givin' tows

Spend all my money on the lottery

When I win the lottery, gonna buy all girls on my block

A color TV and a bottle of French perfume

When I win the lottery, gonna donate half my money to the city

So they have to name a street or a school or a park after me

When I win the lottery

Never run a flag up a pole

Like Mr. Red, White, and Blue down the road

But I never called myself a hero for killing a known communist

Now I can walk into any old bar

Find a fight without looking too hard

But I never killed someone I don't know just 'cause someone told me to

And when I win the lottery, gonna buy the house next to

Mr. Red, White and Blue

And when I win the lottery, gonna buy Post 306 American Legion,

Paint it red with five gold stars

When I win the lottery

When the end comes to this old world

The rights will cry and the rest will curl up

And God won't take the time to sort

your ashes from mine

'Cause we zig and zag between good and bad

Stumble and fall on right and wrong

'Cause the tumbling dice and the luck of the draw just leads us on

And when I win the lottery, gonna buy all the girls on my block

Silver-plated six shooters and a quart of the finest highland scotch

'Cause when I win the lottery, the rights will shake their heads and say that

God is good but surely works in mysterious ways

When I win the lottery

first thing is I'd like to win a smaller jackpot frankly. Enough to do what I want without having $100 million to corrupt the people I love. I don't want too much money to give away to family and friends and screw up their lives.

Give me $3 million after taxes and I'd try to keep 90% of my life the same.

I'd start a rumor about how "His" past finally caught up with him and the feds took him back to prison or something along those lines. Then just wander from one hunting and fishing spot to the next, helping those who deserve along the way!

I would donate a million to the boys and girls clubs in my area. Then a million to my old high school. Then buy a new house on a nice walleye/crappie lake and build my wife a huge library. Then I would buy myself a new Skeeter wx21'er and give my Lund to charity.

If a big lottery prize of 100 million plus came my way I would, relocate to a warm location with lots of saltwater around it. Then concentrate of salt fishing, scuba and generally entertaining myself, family and friends. I'd continue to travel north in the summer months to fish Canada, Minnesota border lakes and Alaska. I'd set up my two children and their families so they would have a solid financial future and send my brother a couple million as a gift. That should all take about 20-25 million or so. The rest would be used to establish environmental educational programs for anyone interested in breathing and drinking water.

I would also establish a fund to help promote and educate people in outdoor safety. There are just too many people who die and become disabled due to accidental firearm discharge, drownings and water accidents, boating accidents, hunting accidents, etc. People should not die or injure themselves when having fun.

I would buy a few new boats. Nice big new tricked-out bass boat. A nice new tricked-out deep-V walleye boat. A nice new tricked-out party pontoon. A nice new tricked-out large cuddy. A stable of nice new jet-skis.

Then I would buy a few new vehicles. A new SUV. A couple new Toyotas for tooling around town. Maybe a couple Harleys for the Mrs and I. A couple 4-wheelers. A nice huge RV.

Then I would build a nice new house for my family, as well as a "down-South" house and an "up-North" house. Maybe an Alaska house too. I would do the same for my folks.

I would pay off all my debt, and pay off all debt for my loved ones. I would fully fund the remainder of my kids college education to ensure they don't accumulate education debt.

I would establish investment accounts that would garner enough interest to live on. I would fund retirement for myself, my parents, and my children. I would take my family on a bucket-list tour of the world. I would open an awesome recording studio.

If there's any left over after that, I'd find a Christian charity that helps children and give them whatever my finacial advisor thought I could afford long-term.

I too have thought about this, usually on deer stands or long drives and I have narrowed it down to this: trust funds for my kids, nephews and nieces to pay for college upon graduation. Completely pay off my siblings and my wife's sister's mortgages, find a big chunk of land in NE IA, preferrably Allamakee county, say 800-1000 acres, build a house at least a mile from the road and get away from everything.