• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Two game suspension

Uncle Bill

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stated this ...

DrJill, this may be one of the only times, but I agree with you on this one! shocked

If she was the aggressor or not. You can't say that a person who has practiced hitting tackling dummies for the last 6-8 years of his life is in anyway equal to someone who has only lifted the weight of her shopping bags, in a fight! No "real man" should hit a woman!

If she was the aggressor or not. You can't say that a person who has practiced hitting tackling dummies for the last 6-8 years of his life is in anyway equal to someone who has only lifted the weight of her shopping bags, in a fight! No "real man" should hit a woman!

No "real man" should hit anyone, right? Sexist much? I thought we lived in the age of enlightenment where all people were created equal? Are you saying that women need added protection? Are you saying that women are not equal to men? Are you saying that you know what's best for this woman better than she does? If so, is it because you are a man and she is just a lowly woman?

If I witnessed my neighbor getting whalloped by anyone so hard she was "rag dolled" (my hubbys description) then dragged accross the lawn, clearly unconscious, maybe dead, I would call 911.

IMMEDIATELY.

No ifs, ands or buts. IMMEDIATELY.

I wouldn't need to run over and ask "Is everything alright ?"

Clearly it's not.

I would expect the police to arrest the perp.

I would expect a grand jury to indict.

And I would expect the penalty to be more than the cost of a traffic ticket.

No man should hit women and yes I've been in the situation were you had to do something because a man hit a woman. No fun to be there and these people are guttless that do hit woman or abuse kids. I will never say it's ok even if the law says equal there is still a difference when it's happening most times cannot defend themselves no matter if your words say they are equal they are not.

Think just on the news last night Man killed his wife after numerous times of abuse to her. It's sick and only shows how weak that man is doing anything of this. Rice did not get all that he should of and it's good that he is released from Ravens should of happen 6 months ago. This video should not of mattered the first video should of been enough.

If I witnessed my neighbor getting whalloped by anyone so hard she was "rag dolled" (my hubbys description) then dragged accross the lawn, clearly unconscious, maybe dead, I would call 911.

IMMEDIATELY.

No ifs, ands or buts. IMMEDIATELY.

I wouldn't need to run over and ask "Is everything alright ?"

Clearly it's not.

I would expect the police to arrest the perp.

I would expect a grand jury to indict.

And I would expect the penalty to be more than the cost of a traffic ticket.

You are changing the scenario I gave you in order to suit your argument.

Yes call it what you will! And not you or any of your Lib friends are going to change that woman are a weaker sex by just enacting a bunch of laws or bcrap enlightenment is going to change that woman are not and never will be as physical as big or strong as a man! So, if you hit woman just because the law says you are able to because your equal. Then you are a true gutless man! "Big Dave" smirk

I'm a liberal? Good one!

Do women deserve to be paid the same as a man doing the same job? Are there jobs that a woman should not be able to get?

Just because someone is your equal still does not give you the right to hit or attack them. All I am trying to say is that all I ever hear is about gender equality but when it comes right down to it no one REALLY wants there to be true gender equality. Not women or men. If this were a fight between 2 men you would be telling me how the first dude deserved to be laid out because he went after the guy who threw the punch. The other guy would be thought of as "standing his ground" and protecting himself. Am I wrong?

I'm a liberal? Good one!

Do women deserve to be paid the same as a man doing the same job? Are there jobs that a woman should not be able to get?

Ha, I knew you would come back with that patented reply from the whole left, male/female rights agenda!

But, we aren't talking work place equality, we are talking toe to toe in an elevator! Who wins 9 out of 10 times! wink

Here's the one! laugh

full-27051-49041-untitled.png

Quote:
Female Ravens fans defend Ray Rice: 'I'm keeping my jersey'

By: LAKEN LITMAN 3 hours ago

BALTIMORE — LaTonya Jones is a survivor. The first time her husband hit her, she got out of that relationship immediately. She was strong for her kids, she said.

But that isn’t keeping her from wearing her Ray Rice jersey.

“I’m keeping my jersey,” she said. “I’m not going to trade it in.”

Jones sat at a tailgate with friends — many of whom were also wearing No. 27 before the Baltimore Ravens kicked off against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Thursday night — and said that she supports Rice.

“I don’t agree with how they went from a two-game suspension to ending this man’s career,” Jones said. “This is someone’s livelihood. He has a family. I don’t condone fighting because I don’t think anybody should punch anybody, but they should not have took that man’s job away.

USA TODAY Sports ImagesShare this image:

Tommy Gilligan/USA TODAY Sports Images

“We shouldn’t be involved in their personal life. I’m sure there are some players on that team today and they’re still playing and just because they weren’t filmed, they can still play and he can’t. It’s not right.”

Robin Manahan is a survivor, too. And she has four Ray Rice jerseys. She was wearing one of them Thursday night.

The other three are framed on her wall at home.

“I absolutely 100% support him,” Manahan said, standing in front of the recently erected Ray Lewis statue at M&T Bank Stadium. “I do. It had nothing to do with his job. He should not have lost his job.

“I’m supporting him all the way around. I think he’s an awesome guy, I think he’s an upstanding guy, and I think he’s an awesome football player.”

Maria Pirovolikos doesn’t own a Rice jersey — her boyfriend does though — but if she did she would have worn it.

Tommy Gilligan/USA TODAY Sports ImagesShare this image:

Tommy Gilligan/USA TODAY Sports Images

“I think whatever happened in that elevator happened in February and should have been done in February,” Pirovolikos said. “I’ve met the guy. He’s such a sweet guy. He never said no when I asked for pictures or an autograph or anything.

“And it’s their business. His wife obviously forgave him, why can’t we?”

Last month, the NFL announced a new six-game unpaid ban for players who violated the league’s policy on domestic violence. A second violation would be a lifetime ban from the league. But Ravens fans are upset that Rice’s suspension is “indefinite” and not six games.

“They’re both to blame,” Pirovolikos said. “She put her hands on him. It’s not okay for women to hit men, it’s not okay for men to hit women. I don’t think what he did was right, but you know what, it happens every day. They were drunk. They’re both to blame.

“And I think what he should of gotten is like what everyone else got — a slap on the hand and six games.”

If you think gender equality applies specifically to physical altercations YES you are absolutely wrong. In most cases a man would be able to defend himself from the advances from another man. Not the case when considering a man vs woman scenario. But you know that you are just trying to boost your post count.

If you think gender equality applies specifically to physical altercations YES you are absolutely wrong. In most cases a man would be able to defend himself from the advances from another man. Not the case when considering a man vs woman scenario. But you know that you are just trying to boost your post count.

So women are equal to men.......sometimes. OK, got it. wink

So women are equal to men.......sometimes. OK, got it. wink

I like how you get "sometimes" out of that. Considering physical altercations are only one specific scenario where women and men interact. My point was, it was not the intent of Gender Equality to say they are equal in a physical altercation. Its workplace, salary, school, etc. But you know that you are just being a Richard and fighting a losing battle.