• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First off let me say that I'm not a huge fan of mushrooms, but my wife is. After checking out the finds of others on here, we decided that while we were up bear baiting to take a look around and see what we could find. I stated doing a little research a few weeks back, and felt pretty confident that we could id a few. There are a lot of mushrooms out there, but not being sure what is what we stuck to the two that we could surely id. here area couple that

full-14614-48911-shrooms.jpg

we found. I think my wife and kids are addicted. it was a great way to spend the afternoon.

Awesome finds!!! I've still never found a trumpet but did find lots of Lobsters. This weekend I even found a couple that weren't rotten. Great to hear you and the family might be addicted.............just so you know some of the best time is coming now. And on the plus side the Skitos will be gone smile

I've still never found a trumpet

Call it beginners luck I guess. the first one we found my wife was walking out of one of our bait sites, looking down and she almost stepped on it. we started looking in that area and found 6 trumpets and 3 lobsters. It would be fun to hook up with someone with alot more experience to kind of show me the ropes, im sure there was a lot more we could have harvested, just didn't feel like watching the vikes game from the bathroom, or worse! smile

Haha, yeah very true. Right now I stick with the easy ones. Chanterelles (pretty easy once you know the 3 or 4 tricks to them), hedgehogs, morels, chicken of the woods, hen of the woods, lobsters, giant puffballs. Well those are the ones I've found, I guess minus the puffball I just know about those well.

Have never found a trumpet either, and would take luck over good any day. Actually most first finds are luck, and after you get lucky a few more times, often there are patterns to why it is there.....well...... that's what I tell myself during the time it takes..... to get lucky again wink Nice to see you on the board and glad the family had a good time....it is. Only downside I see is that the Mrs may actually come out in the woods too much with you now .......

Only downside I see is that the Mrs may actually come out in the woods too much with you now .......

Gotta watch what I post smile

To late!! If im going north, they are going with me. Just one more thing for us to do while at the cabin.