• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I headed out to a spot that I discovered late ice last season and caught some real slabs. Water temps haven't started dropping yet, but I was hoping the shorter days would trigger crappie to start looking at deeper water. To be sure I fished my way across a flat that had some good weeds and structure, but never landed a fish until I hit the 30' mark. I have been using the Sonarphone T-pod from my kayak this year and it has been great. The fish were suspended, but scattered about the water column so a fish finder was helpful. I also love that I haven't had to mount a fish finder to my yak. The schools of crappie that I found were really on the move so having the T-pod in tow saved me a lot of time. I caught a bunch of nice crappie, got some great photos, and had a lot of fun.

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0030-Copy.jpg

DSC_0038-Copy.jpg

DSC_0043-Copy.jpg

DSC_0058-Copy.jpg

DSC_0063-Copy.jpg