• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where can I buy Glow Paint ??

Valv

Question

5 answers to this question

I believe it was Scott who told me that you could get it at Fleet Farm, with all the other jig paints.

------------------
"They say tuna is brain food, I guess it's cuz it has so much dolphin in it and you know how smart they are"

You used to be able to find it at Fleet Farm or hobby & craft shops.

For flat surface lures, I like the glow tape better, stronger glow, cut to size or shape.

Ed, that is a good idea too.

I was going to try it on some Rapalas I have, to see if they make a difference dusk/night trolling.

I'll experiment both ways, and see.

Thanks guys !!!!!!

If Fleet , Gander , BP , Cabela's etc. don't have what your looking for check out one of the tackle components catalogs like Janns Netcraft , Barlows etc.
If you want to paint Raps then that rules out powder paints. Vinyl or laquer paints will be what your looking for.Vinyl will probably be what you end up with if you decide to paint your raps.
Vinyl paint is more a dip paint like for jigheads but if you thin it a bit with acetone will brush on pretty decent. Air brushing vinyl paints works very good but if your not set up for it = more money than the tape.
To get a decent glow you'll need to lay a base of white then paint your glow over that.
LOTS of fumes involved with Vinyl paints so do it outside in your garage or you'll stink up the house and draw the wrath of your sig other ! LOL
Sound like a pain ? IT IS !
Witchcraft makes a good glow and different colored prism tape. For Rap doctoring , I think I would go that route if I were you. At least you won't wreck any Raps with that stuff.