• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Line Counter reels.

Agronomist_at_IA

For rods I run a mixture of Jason Mitchell for leadcore, 5' and 10'6". For boards I use St. Croix 8' Eyecon trolling rods, and I will supplement that with two more Jason Mitchell 8'6" when I can use 6 rods.

My reels are Okuma Convector and Diawa Sealines. The Okumas have a better drag and a much nicer handle, the Diawas have a better clicker system.

Sorry. I don't see them listed on your all encompassing list of fishing tackle posted with your name.

Did you forget them?

Fatz; you might have missed his previous post.

Yes I do list my gear under my handle that I currently use. It's something that all the members on a golf forum that i go on once in awhile started to do years ago. They started to put the gear that they use in the handle/signature area. This way people can see what a guy is using and PM him with questions on the gear or get the users opinion on gear that he is trying out or using.

Reason for this is that some guys on the golf forum have become total @$$hats over simple things.............like someone buying a $500-$1000 driver or set of clubs and someone states an honest opinion only to be berated and criticized over the review because its difference of opinion with other users. (OEM & custom stuff)

FYI, i have been PM'd by people asking about gear in my signature. It's actually nice that way, because i can give and honest opinion without getting jumped all over. So while it may be funny to you, it does save me some grief by not having to deal with the drama on the open forum of posting an opinion.

Not that bad of an idea (maybe) whistle

I like my 20dx's I bought them from Jason Mitchell last summer after a trolling seminar. My other 2 l.C's are scheels stamped okumas. My mag's have better drags and power handles than the stamped scheels ones.

I run all Diawa line counters ,,,got my drag upgrades from TunaToms and couldn't be happier with how smooth they are now ,,,,I will continue to buy Diawa reels that way if some thing breaks or parts get lost I have replacement parts ,,,I currently have 23 diawa line counter reels

I mainly run all Diawa Sealines. I have 4 27's and 4 47's.

I do have a couple Accudepths that I don't run very often. My past experience is that the actually counter part breaks on the Okuma's and the gears shell out on the Accudepths. I finally shelled out one of the Sealines this year after 10 years or so.

Granted I do not troll nearly as much as I used to and my reels are a couple models behind but that is what I use. I bought the Accudepths to go on a couple of trolling rods I don't use unless I have 3 people in the boat which isn't very often so I figured I'd save a few bucks. Seems to be working so far.

mw

Daiwa sealines are solid reels. I'm refurbishing a pretty dang old 900h (big game reel), I'm less familiar with the modern line counters, but I can only imagine they're made with the same quality and similar design.

FWIW, the only thing on my reel that is getting a "serious" upgrade is the drag. For the reel, the drag system is a little weak. Replacing the washer stack and utilizing carbon fiber washers + some quality drag grease will give this beast as smooth a drag as your lever-drag reels and increase maximum functional drag by ~75%.