• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deep or shallow lake in Oct.?

th64

Should I choose a deep lake or shallow for Oct. eyes? Water temps will be dropping, less shock on the deeper, maybe it does not even matter. BTW I like to fish shallow too, sometimes it helps to have deep stuff close.

Thanks

This is a good question/topic and I would love to see a pro contribute a article on this. It can be confusing at times. One of the themes we hear is post Turn Over (late fall/October/55 degree) fishing consists of deep presentation with big baits. For some fishermen this presentation is a staple and the best time of year. But then on other hand you have guys who say this time of year fishing walleye should be concentrated on the shallows. Who knows and really this probably varies lake to lake. I guess if ciscos or similar baitfish spawn late fall in a particular lake said lake may be good shallow.

But I think what the user meant (posted that ur question is confusing way it's typed) meant that instead of asking if you should 'fish a deep or shallow lake' instead just focus on deep or shallow period. Because deep in the first lake is 20 Fow. And deep in the second lake is 40 or whatever. Which of the lakes is the best for walleye? I would go that route and keep it simple.