• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

? about 2 man Fish Trap.

bmc

Question

My buddy has a two man fish trap and the tarp got attacked by mice. He's wondering if it's possible to buy just the tarp and attach it to the sled himself and if so, any ideas on how much a new tarp would cost? Does the fish trap people even sell just the tarps?

Brian

6 answers to this question

Do you have the Fish Trap II or the Fish Trap Guide? USL no longer makes tents for the II, which was replaced by the Guide.

The dimensions are slightly different, but USL told me a Guide tent would work on my II (the Guide tent is just a bit bigger). I passed, opting to patch for a few dollars rather than spend the big money. When I asked last winter, the Guide tent ran $170 new from a Duluth/Superior retail outlet.

Any canvas sewing tent and awning place can replicate your canvas cover if you bring it in. And they can use whatever weight canvas or other fabric you want. Not sure about price.

One thing about the Guide tent vs the Trap II is the Guide has that ice armor fabric, which is a lot tougher than the Trap II canvas and very light. Also, the Guide has a zipper door that the II does not, which makes it nice to get in and out without breaking the snow seal on the bottom of the tent.

Good luck.

------------------
"I still miss my ex-wives, but my aim is getting better!"
Steve Foss
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 02-21-2003).]

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 02-21-2003).]