• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WhiteFish Bay - Lake of the Woods Reports

Hi All

Lots of pike action fishing 6 to 8 fow for the smaller hammer handles. Big ones are down in the 14 plus fow . Picking up monster Walleyes in the 12 to 15 fow edge of the pencil reeds. There are groups going up to Yellow Girl for the eater walleyes. Some of the Lake Trout have been caught in the 100 plus fow suspended 20 to 30 feet off the bottom. The other day one of our guests (the Lady in picture) caught this 46" Muskie. Been lots of smaller muskies seen and a few caught.

full-39664-47941-img_1272.jpg

The water level is still very high 2 foot plus , water temps are getting close to normal.

Cheers

Robert Tolen

Hi All

The water level has dropped 10 to 12 inches in the last week. Northern fishing is producing lots of hammer handles in the 6 to 12 FOW. The bigger Pike are being picking up in the deeper waters. LAKE TROUT are caught by either jigging or Down-rigging . 100 fow or deeper, fish were in the 60 to 70 range. We checked out TURTLE Portage it worked ok on the trip over but the cable is somewhat loose and wanted to backlash. Use with care. The water is no longer running over and the beavers have stopped trying to dam it up.

Fished walleye on a couple of reefs in Sabaskong Bay . Used jig and a minnow, picked them up in the 22 to 26 fow along with a few Jumbo Perch. Lost a Muskie at the boat . cry Fun day with the kids. grin

Cheers

Robert

Well the Lake Trout shut down the last couple days so We tried Sabaskong for some new action. Being windy today didn't stop the walleyes or perch it just made it tough to find a calm spot. Minnow and a jig still in the 23 fow range. We bought the muskie gear with too and it payed off with two fish, one around 30 inch and another about 36 inch. WhiteFish Bay is still the hot bed for Northerns . We had a 48 inch muskie caught last week and a couple in the 30's.

Our Facebook page is up Vic & Dots Camp

Please check it out

I'll do my best at keeping the reports coming WFT.

full-39664-48574-steverobert2.jpg

full-39664-48575-steverobert.jpg

Cheers

Robert

Labour Day has come and gone...

The fishing is picking up on two fronts Muskies and LAKERS. grin This weekend the lake will be a busy place as "BASSIN for BUCKS" is happening in Sioux Narrows - September 5,6 & 7 . Good luck to all participants

On the way back from taking the trash to the dump I got a picture of a Timber Wolf crossing the highway.

full-39664-48807-swolf.jpg

We have a few opening if anyone is looking to get in on the Lakers before the season closes at the end of the month.

Like our Facebook Vic & Dots Camp Big news coming soon....

Cheers

Robert

Hope everyone had a great weekend, Sioux Narrows "Bassin for Bucks" was won by TEAM 89 Senter and Durham with a 3 day weight of 49.14 pounds. WFB reefs are producing some BIG walleyes. Picked up a 26.5 inch C&R on Friday just ahead of the storm. crazy Then today we ran out for a bit to try some new reefs and picked up a 27.5 inch C&R walleye (Pictured)

full-39664-48904-swal.jpg

I had a group run to the crappie hole and they did well. Northerns are going strong and lakers are being caught too.

Vic & Dots Camp will be at the St Paul Ice Fishing Show in December 5-7 at the River Center (Booth 706A) . Heres another great reason to go to the show as Ice Team and Vic & Dots are partnering up. Go to the show and ENTER for a chance to win a trip. More details about the trip will be coming soon.

Cheers

Robert

Hi All

As September comes to a close so does the Lake Trout season. But Fall fishing is going strong and getting better. Groups are picking up good numbers of Walleyes, Northern Pike , Bass and Crappies. Here's some pictures from camp this week. full-39664-49642-img_0565.jpg

full-39664-49643-img_0562.jpg

full-39664-49644-img_0561.jpg

full-39664-49645-img_0571.jpg

I even got out today to catch a crappie supper grin

full-39664-49647-2014septc.jpg

We will have cabins open till freeze up then again right after Christmas for HARD WATER FUN!!!

Crappies are a biting , 30 plus feet - water temps today were around 49 degrees . boated many walleyes also, 22 to 26 fow - fun day on the water .

full-39664-50055-photo_2.jpg

full-39664-50056-photo_3.jpg

full-39664-50057-photo_1.jpg

Looking at a Lake of the Woods Ice Fishing trip this winter. Give us a call for Slab Crappies, Lake Trout and Monster Walleyes.

Cheers

Robert

That is the motliest crew of fisherman I have seen since January! Robert I almost didn't recognize you without your blaze orange. Looks like you guys are having a blast, hopefully I can make it up to Morson later in October if the weather cooperates. Tell Ted and Mark hi from Mad Mulcher if you see them again before they come home.

Mister Mad Mulcher

It was way tooo warm by the afternoon so I had to take off the Blaze orange Suit. But here is a picture of said suit to tide you over till freeze up.. crazy

full-39664-50147-img_0844.jpg

It was a fun time and we missed you, sorry to hear of your loss. I look forward to fishing with you this winter.

Have good one

Robert (The Orange Penguin)

full-39664-52354-image.jpg

Happy holidays All

Scouted White Fish Bay around camp today. A good 12 inches of ice .

A good 3 inches of snow cover. Smooth riding . Couple more days till Lakers season opens 😎

Cheers

Robert

Opps on the side ways pictures posting from phone 😜

Hi All

Its been COLD and Windy crazy

We have had a few groups up fishing over the last week or so .

Here is some UPL guys up Crappie fishing full-39664-52670-img_1725.jpg

full-39664-52671-img_1732.jpg

full-39664-52672-img_1718.jpg

More info and photos to come later today.

Cheers

Robert

Busy busy busy grin

So I've had a couple special groups . Ice Team and our trip winners from the St Paul show - Chris and Teri .

We had Matt Breuer and Jean-Paul Tessier Ice Team pros out fishing with the winners for some Crappies ,Walleyes and a little Lake Trout action.

Crappie were in 28 - 35 fow Walleyes in 22-26 fow - Lake Trout any where from 26 - 50 fow

Here's a couple pictures

full-39664-52798-image.jpg

full-39664-52799-image.jpg

full-39664-52800-image.jpg

full-39664-52801-image.jpg

It's was a really fun time

Cheers

Robert

This week we had Across the Ice Belt with Jiggy Andersen and his special guest Jason Mitchell. What a great bunch both on and off the ice. I can't wait to see their show ( I will post when it comes out on our facebook page. )

full-39664-52805-image.jpg

I had a chance to catch up with both Fishing Freaks and WFT last week . Next time you guys are up we will have to wet a line. ( I hope I will have the garage ready the next time Terry comes up too.) wink

Cheers

Robert

Hi All

Travel is great "NO SLUSH" smile Laker fishing is getting better -

Whites tubes are working best - Jigs with hair - horizontal presentation

Tried crappies yesterday for Ontario's Family Day - Used plastics and bits of frozen shiners. Both worked well.

Heres a few pictures from the weekend and some from WFT 's before and after of smoked lake trout - He thanks Mad Mulcher and his crew of "One that flew over the cuckoo's nest" grin

full-39664-53235-img_1902.png

full-39664-53236-img_1891.png

full-39664-53237-img_1875.jpg

full-39664-53238-img_1899.png

full-39664-53239-img_1901.png

Our condolences to WFT and his family during this time

Thinking of you Buddy

Robert

Hi All

Got around 4 inches of new snow over the weekend , found a spot with a little slush . Crappies, walleyes, perch and lakers were all on tap . Ice is getting close to that point where a auger extension is a must.

full-39664-53351-bestelaker.jpg

A nice 8 minute fight to get that one top side. grin

Here is the new one from

Ice Team's Across the Ice Belt