• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cabbage

th64

Had a blast catching walleyes and smallmouth bass next to thick cabbage weeds in 5-7' of water.

We used bobbers and leeches-other guys were way deeper and not doing too well. We seemed to do best where we saw the tops of the weeds poking out of the water. Helped that wind was blowing into the spot and it was overcast.

So I'm wondering where else would you find lotta cabbage and a lot of walleyes? I would guess Leech, anyone else fish this pattern?

Thanks

Those shallow fish in the cabbage are a ton of fun. I like to rip crank baits through cabbage also. You bring in a lot of weeds, but the walleyes will absolutely smash the bait when it pauses as it starts ticking off the weeds.

We smacked several eyes in the 20 inch range last weekend fishing cabbage in about 4-5 fow on a heavily bog stained lake. It was pretty calm but hazy. We were making short pitches to the clumps with ring worms on open hook jigs. The fish weren't shy. grin

Lots of pictures here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=cabbage+weed&client=firefox-a&hs=scW&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=2rrRU8iWDI6UyAS65IGoDQ&ved=0CB4QsAQ&biw=1366&bih=634

Enough! All walleyes esp. big-uns are deep-Cabbage? you will get cut off by small pike, you may even get a weed on your hook!!!!!! ( have you noticed that kids of both genders will not swim where they might actually have to briefly touch a weed? I digress)

Good Fishing

Go Deep