• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Aluminum Boat Repair

Question

I need some direction on a little "Ding" I have on my PROV.

It's on the bottom of the Hull where the "Seam" of the Transom and Hull meet. No punctures, but I'm concerned about hull integrity and need it looked at and/or repaired by an expert.

Thanks for your suggestions in advance!

------------------
Chells

3 answers to this question

Can you get at both sides of the ding? If the ding is not to deep I would try a plastic or rubber hammer and a block of wood on the opposite side for a dolly to keep from going to far. You may need 2 people. If you are a little paranoid after bumping out the dent scuff the inside and put a little J-B weld on the dent and you should be set

I guess I should have been more exact.

This is actually an abraison scrape on the bottom portion of the seam where the rivets are. Part of this seam has been scraped away and may compromise the strength of the boat in this area.

I'm hoping to get a referral here for someone locally (TC area)who is known to fix these problems or tell me it's no real big deal.

Chells,

Not sure where in the Cities you are located, but there is a great place in the North Burbs (Ham Lake or East Bethel, not sure which) called George's Fiberglass Repair. They repair both glass and aluminum boats. I had an issue with an Alumacraft that got dented before I ever put it in the water and they fixed it up like new. Could never tell a repair was made. Give them a call and have them look at your Pro V. They should be able to help.