• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bullheads in Stillwater

nodq

I will be in the stillwater area for a week and wanted to try for some flathead catfish while here. Are there any bait shops in the area that sell bullheads? I'm from the Duluth area, so catching and bringing my own was out of the question (since i live north of hwy 210). I had planned to fish from downtown stillwater on the river but since the boardwalk is under water i'll have to try somewhere else. I was thinking of the pier on the river under hwy 243 by taylors falls since i will be going there with the wife. Anyone ever have any luck in that area?

If you're planning on fishing up near Taylors Falls you'd be better off buying some suckers and using them for Cut-Bait.

If you need Bullheads contact me here, I'll trade you some for beer. Im 10 minutes from Stillwater....

thanks for the offer wooduck. Ended up just getting some nightcrawlers since they were easier to store in my hotel room. Went out for a couple of hours on tues and weds afternoon at the park in bayport. Only got a couple of sheepshead both times. I was surprised to not catch any channel cats in the river. I might have to make a dedicated fishing trip down here later this summer when the water levels go down.

thanks for the offer wooduck. Ended up just getting some nightcrawlers since they were easier to store in my hotel room. Went out for a couple of hours on tues and weds afternoon at the park in bayport. Only got a couple of sheepshead both times. I was surprised to not catch any channel cats in the river. I might have to make a dedicated fishing trip down here later this summer when the water levels go down.

I always have worms along. Works great to catch bait.

At times cut sheephead cannot be beat....

I always have at least 1 sheephead in the boat and when that one's about all cut up i'll drop a line and catch another one.

Cut up anything you catch except game fish for channel cats. Fresh and bLoody brings them in