• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

So does the signing of Morales help us or?

JP Z

I'm not sure about this one. Granted getting rid of Kubel can't hurt as he was hitting like .224 and .158 since April. But I guess they are hoping for a bunch of power from Morales, so we will have to see.

Personally I am bummed about letting Kubel go... One of my favorite all time Twins and just a couple years removed from basically an MVP type season with the D'Backs. He looked good the first handful of games, but as a platoon outfielder his numbers didn't support keeping him on any more I guess.

As far as Morales goes, heck yeah that was a great move. I'm just surprised our tight owner finally opened the checkbook to add a piece before it's too late. Nobody is running away with this division, so to add a switch hitting power threat off the bench could be a big move for us. I can think of about 15 games without digging too deep where one more double or a HR along the way would have been the difference between a win and a loss. If we even got a third of those opportunities to fall our way we'd be tied for first. I am a big fan of the move. I HATED playing against KM!

pikestabber,

I agree with all but one point. He wont be coming off the bench. He will be the full time DH from what I have read. The only negative here is that Josmil Pinto doesnt see as many at bats with him now on the team.

I think it's a good move. It shows they are at least making an a

effort to stay in the race. I suppose if they are out of even a wild card spot at the end of July they could get something in a trade if he is hitting and driving in runs.

pikestabber,

I agree with all but one point. He wont be coming off the bench. He will be the full time DH from what I have read. The only negative here is that Josmil Pinto doesnt see as many at bats with him now on the team.

My mistake, yes, our full-time DH. And I agree that this will negatively impact Pinto. Either Pinto would have to take ABs from Suzuki by starting more often, which is crazy because of how good Suzuki has been for us, or maybe they even send Pinto down to play everyday? Not sure what the move will be here, but it's not a terrible problem to have!

Trying to catch lightening in a bottle with another broken down "veteran".

I hope this turns into a Shannon Stewart type signing, but I'm not holding my breath. Spend some money on pitching and I'll stand up and take notice.

Trying to catch lightening in a bottle with another broken down "veteran".

I hope this turns into a Shannon Stewart type signing, but I'm not holding my breath. Spend some money on pitching and I'll stand up and take notice.

+1. Looks like he is in terrible shape (not that he was ever in great shape) hopefully doesn't tear a hammy running to first base.

I have no issue with Morales if we had a pitching staff that did not include DeDuno and Pelfrey. If all we get is enough spent for Morales I would have much rather seen 1 better pitcher signed.

Morales can help with hitting but we have a couple huge holes in our pitching staff and the bullpen will wear out with a few of these starting pitchers.

We will never go anywhere with the pitching we have, this year or next. I am hoping that Pohland has a few young studs in the minors as there are few good pitchers out there and they cost alot.

Pelfrey hasn't been part of it for some time now and may be done for the year. I don't know what's going on with Deduno the last couple of times, he's supposed to have unhittable stuff but if he doesn't get it together soon it may be time for Trevor May or maybe Meyer.