• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crankbaits

Blue jointed original shad rap trolled shallow at night.

This is my favorite crankbait.

Ever.

For any fish.

Especially while trolling.

I'm glad someone else likes it too laugh My first musky (48 incher) came on one of these, it's my go-to for June lake trout in Ontario, and plain just catches fish.

4" Rebel stickbait gold,chrome,or firetiger long lined anywhere from 4'-12' inside,outside,and on top of the weeds or any shallow flat.It runs true no matter what type of beating it takes and catches it all from panfish to muskies

Tough to pick just one due do to varying depth ranges and such. Shad raps in natural shad, firetiger and purpldescent. Wally divers in blue/black pearl or purpledescent. Flicker shad in firetiger, pink uv. Rapala HJ10 or 12's in Tennessee shad or blue/black chrome. I am starting to like the new smash shad in pearl and bubble gum. So tough to pick a favorite. I have to say that the shadraps need the least tuning of any of the baits.

Tunrevir~

I like your color(blue, with silver sides and a hint of belly orange, but I have caught more walleyes on the non-jointed #5 or #7. But jointed or not, it is a great bait that has stood the test of time. Firetiger is a great color, too.

Just one...? No way! wink

Spring- #11 floating Rap in Rainbow Trout

Summer-#7 Shallow shad rap in perch or purpledescent

Fall-#10 Xrap clown or perch. If fish a really shallow then a floating rattlin rogue in blue/chrome.

That's an easy one for deeper walleyes.

Rapala #9 Deep Tail Dancer in Rainbow Trout Flash. While I have only tried this on the lake I grew up on, it was KILLER at night in late summer through late fall. I couldn't believe that many walleyes lived in the lake when I had only caught maybe 5 on all other methods combined. And as a bonus, they were good size over 20" in most cases, and a pair of Muskies enjoyed them too! smile

I recently found a new favorite for casting from shore: the Lucky Craft Slender Pointer. It has that classic minnow-like Rapala shape, but it casts better, and since it suspends, you can retrieve it very slowly, and and it will stay down. The hooks are sticky sharp (ask me how I know :P), and the action is good too. Only negative is the price...not something you want to throw when the Northerns are active.

Salmo hornet hf#4 in any color.

As the water has warmed I now am finding that the bright u.v colored deep tail dancers are setting off the clickers. Pretty fun summer so far

WELL. wink I love Reef runners and shad raps. I have hundreds of them. To choose 1 is not possible.

Shallow waters I really like the shallow jointed shad raps or bomber long A's or rattlin rogues.

Mid depths the deep shad raps, flicker shads and reefrunner shads.

Deep water I like the Rapala Deep Husky Jerks, Reefrunner 600 deep lil rippers, Rapala Taildancers. In really deep waters the big deep diving taildancers and reefrunners. Or I will run smaller baits or sticks on snap weights to get them deeper.

Just way too many variables to choose only a few baits.

As far as colors forget it, I have hundreds of colors that work at different times on different bodies of waters and at different times of the year.

Start buying cranks and you will need special mate boxes and then a second and third and fourth and well you get the idea. crazy

Yes Im a cranks/stick bait addict. LOl.