• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

North shore campground

jramsber

Hi everyone. I am looking for a semi private drive-to campground or possibly a short hike-to site along the north shore. The family and I are planning a trip and want to find somewhere where the sites are nice and spread apart where we aren't right next other groups.

We are also planning some day hikes so any suggestions on that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks!

Lambs Resort. Not a very good HSOforum, but you if you visually transpose their map with a google sat map it, you'll see it is pretty decent for seclusion and allows for camping right on the lake. As for hiking...it is on the superior trail. Great swimming area as well.....well, for the north shore and if you do not mind chilly water.

For the most part the State Park campgrounds are nice. Might not be the most private, but still not like your typical RV park either.

Temperance is our Fav. Some excellent hiking nearby.

Gooseberry is pretty nice. Again some nice hiking nearsby.

Judge Magney is nice, a bit off the shore, but nice hiking close by and the Devils Kettle is cool to see.

When are you planning on going? A lot of the State Park sites fill up fast but they do usually have a few sites reserved for first come first serve campers.

We booked a site at Split Rock for a weekend in mid June, we booked it over the winter and got one of the last sites available.

Split rock has cart in sites but like Nofish said, you need to book early. I stayed at Lambs for two nights last summer. I wasnt too impressed with the seclusion but I'm not used to camping in campgrounds so my perspective might be a bit off.