• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Abu Garcia Rebate

bltbowhunter

Back in January I purchased a reel from them. The cost of this reel qualified to mail in a rebate form and $9.95 check to receive a sweatshirt. It was supposed to take 6-8 weeks to get the sweatshirt. I called them after 8 weeks to see the status of the order, and they said they had not received the rebate form. Therefore, I faxed my documents in again but not a new check. 5 days later they cashed my check. I called them again again 15 days later to see the status of the order. Again, they said they had not received my rebate form and to fax the documents in again for a 3rd attempt. I told them they must have received my order since they cashed my check. They told me to call in 15 days if I had not received my sweatshirt and they would resend me another one. I called back 15 days later, and they said I needed to wait 15 business days. So, I called back a few days later after the 15 business days, and they told me that I was to wait 30 days. Not business days, just 30 days and after that they would send me a new sweatshirt. It has now been 4 months, multiple calls, multiple faxes, and multiple e-mails and I still haven't received it. Funny thing is, I don't really care about the sweatshirt anymore, I'm just so mad about them jacking me around that I want to see some sort of resolution. I also, just got a card in the mail from Berkley for a line rebate saying that unfortunately I filled out a UPC number wrong for a 7 dollar rebate and they would not fulfill my rebate. That one has been so long that I don't even remember sending something into Berkley. I don't think these companies should even do rebates if they can't fulfill their end of the deal. Has anyone else had a similar struggle with the rebate companies(pure fishing) that handle these promotions?

I agree with you, if you aren't going to honor rebates and get them out timely, don't even offer them. By jacking people around it just gives them bad PR.

Say what you want about Menards and all the rebates they have but they do a great job of getting them sent right out to you.

Keep in mind that usually these type of rebates are not handled directly by the company, but usually farmed out to a fulfillment company that is handling hundreds of rebates for several companies. I feel your pain as I have been there myself.

Sorry to hear about your issues bltbowhunter. My experience was just the opposite; received an email 5 days after sending in for sweatshirt saying they received everything and I can track progress on HSOforum. Received sweatshirt within 5 weeks of mailing stuff. It has become my son's favorite shirt to wear. I hope the people at ABU do you right.

I dont even mess with these silly revates anymore. Either give me the money off /gift at the register or dont waste my time. I dont shop at Menards for just that reason. I shop locally at the small bussinesses that have been here for years. The big box stores dont see much of my $. I go where everbody knows my name. grin

I never do mail in rebates anymore. I think they are a total scam. Of the ones I've participated in the only one I got money back on was $5 from a box of ammo and that came about 3-4 months after the purchase. I agree unless it's a sale price or I get the discount from the store I won't participate.

I knew I wasn't going to win the battle alone, so I got my wife involved on Friday. I'm glad she loves me because she is an intimidating woman to whomever makes her mad. Anyways, She called them, talked to a manager. I got my sweatshirt on Monday via priority mail 2 days later. I think they finally listened when she told him, "I'm being nice about it now, but if I have to listen to my husband b!7@h about this sweatshirt one more time it's not going to be pretty." God, I love that woman. I'm surprised she didn't make them give me 2.

Of course it's worth it if you actually get the rebate. My history is that i never get the rebate so I stopped purchasing things that advertise mail in rebates but my experience is you usually never get them back!!!!!!