• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help with a Warrior V177 Falcon!

Smeds

Question

I have a problem that's been hard to solve, thought I would ask here. I have a 17.5' Warrior Falcon (SC), mated to a Yamaha F100 four-stroke. This mating has never performed like I though it should. Gets on plane, but has very little trim adjustment before "porpoising". I know my prop is properly matched to this boat. Yamaha says the correct prop should be within 500 rpm of the upper range of rpm at full speed. Max rpm (in the owners manual) is 6000, and my boat runs approx. 5850. If i have a full load of gas (36 gallons), and an extra guy with me, I HAVE to fill the front livewell, or the boat porpoises in the fully trimmed-down position. What's up? Should I consider using a different mounting hole? If so, should I raise the mounting of the motor, or lower it? I want to hang a kicker on the back of this rig, yet I'm afraid the extra weight will make the boat a pig! Any advice would be appreciated!

2 answers to this question