• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Are dead flasher batteries worth $$$

Hawg

I had a buddy try to tell me our dead 12 volt flasher batteries are worth $5 now as scrap. Anybody know without calling a recycler? I really don't believe this but with lead being so high it might be true. I have about 1/2 dozen I changed out this year.

I get $0.30-$0.35 per pound on sealed lead acid batteries, 25 pound minimum. If we take 500 pounds we get around 10 cents more per pound. Get in good with a fire alarm service tech or commercial security service tech and you can have a pretty steady stream of barely used SLA batteries. Use them for your electronics for a year or two then scrap them.

You'll get minimally twice what they offer for a core exchange at most places by bring it directly to a scrap facility. The last time I brought in old deep cycle batteries, I got close to $100 for the three. I think the prices are down a bit for lead compared to that time. I found prices from .25-37 cents a lb for car batteries. There are a bunch of places along the river north of downtown Minneapolis, also there is a place north of Hugo and one in Cambridge that I know of.

There are a bunch of places along the river north of downtown Minneapolis, also there is a place north of Hugo and one in Cambridge that I know of.

Yeah, the Washington Ave area is fully of recyclers. Kirschbaum and Krupp (K&K) is decent. There is a place I've taken batteries to in Hopkins but lately everything I take in goes to SCI in Maple Grove.

I just collected up my batteries to take in this coming week along with other scrap I accumulated over the winter. I won't give up an old deep cycle or cranking battery for the core charge anymore if I have something else to take in with it.

I get $0.30-$0.35 per pound on sealed lead acid batteries, 25 pound minimum. If we take 500 pounds we get around 10 cents more per pound. Get in good with a fire alarm service tech or commercial security service tech and you can have a pretty steady stream of barely used SLA batteries. Use them for your electronics for a year or two then scrap them.

Who takes sealed lead acid type batteries at 30 cents a pound?