• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish finders

Question

I am interested in purchasing a vexilar fish finder for ice fishing and also being able to use it for my boat. I am looking at what is the best bang for you buck. Any information would be appriciated.

Sincerely,
Slick1

4 answers to this question

Good idea slick. Bought my vex fl-18 a little while ago. Its great. The bottom lock feature will work great in the summer also I think. The fl-8 is cheaper but the 18 is well worth the extra bucks I think.

You will need a kit to change it over to boat use. Mounts wireing and a highspeed transducer. Im having trouble finding anyone who sells it locally so will probably have to order it off their HSOforum.
If anyone knows of a place to get the trans ducer that would help. I bet were not the only ones bringing the vex with this summer.