• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Landing nets

maxamillion

I can't tell you specifically about the conservation net. I have been using the same net my whole life. Last year I finally upgraded by buying just the net (kept the frame). It said rubber coated conservation, but it is just like your standard net. The rubber coating makes a world of difference. I cant express enough how much better it is to just a regular net. I used to have to cut, and tie my net all the time from hooks being tangled. I went all last year, and it was a dream to use the whole time. I think you are referring to the conservation model, and I have never used one. If you can, see if you can find just the net, which is usually like $10-$15. Then it will be absolutely worth it.

I've been using a Beckman for about 5 years. Absolutluy love it. The rubber coating has finally worn off in most areas and a mouse chewed a small hole in it this winter. I will replace the basket with the same one. By far the best net I've used to date.

mw

On my second rubber net.I wouldn't use anything else,got mine at Cabela's or L & M.The frame is just a cheap short handled one that slides but it works so good I can't find a reason to get rid of it.

What did you pay for the EGO2? I see there are different net choices. Nylon PVC Rubber Coated Mesh and Lightweight Rubber Mesh. Which one did you get? Looks like an awesome net and I need a new one. Where did you find them? What size did you get?

I had an older Beckmann for about 15 years loved it had to recoat a couple times to make it hookless but absolutely loved it and two summers ago fishing at night the hoop fell off and lost it I purchased a new one and absolutely loving it no problem with hooks.

What did you pay for the EGO2? I see there are different net choices. Nylon PVC Rubber Coated Mesh and Lightweight Rubber Mesh. Which one did you get? Looks like an awesome net and I need a new one. Where did you find them? What size did you get?
I bought the nylon coated rubber mesh. More durable than the rubber mesh IMO. I picked mine up at fleet for $60 on sale last year.

I like the net style I have over the rubber one (mine is nylon coated rubber) because there is less drag in the water andit had a more square bottom which doesn't double the fish over as much.