• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sounds like that same group that moved in on us on the north end. Drilled some holes and all of sudden 30 Minnesotans in a half hour. We were catching a whole lot of nothing. Probably because they were all pros and had to drill another 4356 holes to find the fish. Nothing like the sound of an ice auger ripping for about 2 hours!

lets keep it civil guys, "being a clown" has no borders lets not turn this into a Resident vs Non Resident issue

good luck fishing everyone

No borders indeed. I grew up in Minnesota did a lot of fishing there. Moved to South Dakota. Did a lot of fishing there, but also went back to Minnesota and did some fishing (as a dirty non-resident). Then moved to Minnesota, and did some fishing as a dirty non-resident in South Dakota. Then moved back to South Dakota. I fished as a resident and non-resident in South Dakota and Minnesota alternately for 20 years. Now I am a resident of Nebraska, and will be fishing as a dirty non-resident in both Minnesota and South Dakota over the next several years.

But I'm the same guy...only difference is the design on the license plate and the dollars I paid for the fishing license. Resident/non-resident...doesn't matter. We are all just trying to enjoy some fishing. Let's get past this notion that the state someone happens to be a resident of makes some kind of difference.

ATV's no problem, that what we used on the 3 different lakes we fished. Most of the access's were truck driveable last weekend so ATV's will be fine. You may have to drive around the main access points a bit with the quads though.

Well, we are back and I'm happy to report that not only did we have good ice, we also had incredible fishing. I've never caught walleyes through the ice like that in my life!! You could not keep up with two lines, and I found myself changing lures to see if there was anything they WOULDN'T bite on! I finally quit using bait altogether and it made no difference.

I'd also like to mention that the few people that we ran into were extremely friendly and respectful. The area where we caught most of our fish was over a mile from the nearest other fisherman. It was a great trip (although a little windy on Saturday) and I'll be returning in the future for sure!

The amount of ice on the two lake's we fished was great. The shoreline through the cattails was getting extremely sketchy by 10 am Sunday morning. Hopefully everyone was able to make it off the lake without too much trouble.

The fishing was great as we were able to catch walleyes, perch and northern constantly both Saturday and Sunday.

Unless there is a hard freeze, the area we fished will not be safely passable after Sunday. We came off at 10 am and called back to our buddies and told them to come off now if they wanted to get off period. Told them to spread the word with the 4-5 groups around us as well.

We broke through in the cattails and it was getting pretty soft right outside the cattails as well.