• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

AGM Battery's

muldoon211

I am on my second set of Cabela's AGMs for my trolling motor. The first set lasted 9 years. No water to add. They can be mounted in any position. I don't know if they actually hold a charge longer or recharge faster but they last longer.

i'd say yes and yes.

they also are not affected by cold. i have switched to AGM's in everything. AGM car batteries usually cost almost double, but the warranty on them is usually double as well.

I have Cabelas AGM's as well in my boat and have been good for 6 yrs now i think. Probably going to update this year just for sanity sake.

I see there are some new AGM's that are even more expensive and not sure if they are worth it or not.

Cabelas, Oddessy, and the Sam's Club AGM's are the one I've heard most about.

I won't go any other way. Just the fact that I don't have to worry about them eating my clothes and that they won't be ruined if they freeze makes them worth the extra money. The ones I have in my boat now are about 5 years old and every bit as good as when they were new.

As everybody has said AGM batteries are well worth the extra money.

If you have a little time do a search and compare the current specs between a few other companys. When I bought my AGM's almost 3 years ago the "C" store's AGM's were not at the top of the list as far as run hours and reserve. Trojan was at the top which is what I bought but can be a little tough to find a dealer close by. Regardless AGM's are the way to go.