• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Please help with Ice Castle Gound wire

Fishnblood

Good evening, need a bit of help. Does anyone happen to know where Ice Castle has their ground wire(s) ran to? I have an email out to Ice Castle as well asking them but thought maybe someone else on here may know as well.

Long story short my lights on my castle are not working....none of them. Checked the fuses on the truck, replaced the 7 way, still nothing. I have a feeling it is the ground wire but need help finding it.

Thanks all for helping out.

Hey guys thanks for the responses! Go figure when I wanted to actually fix the dam thing something else came up. I took a look at my tongue of the trailer and didn't find the ground. I am going to check the back of the cables inside the trailer. I do have a bolt that looks to be a metal rod at the back of the castle on the outside. Not sure if that is it? Any other ideas of where it could be?

You shouldn't rely on the ball and hitch to ground the trailer.

You should have a white ground wire coming from the harness to frame of the trailer.

With a tilt or drop down trailer that ground can be lost at the pivot areas.

For that reason I run a ground wire back to the frame of the trailer beyond the pivot point.

In a pinch you can take a jumper from the frame of the tow vehicle and the other end to the frame of the trailer. Remember to attach that end on the other side of the pivot point.

Ours is on a large nut on the tongue of the trailer, left side near the trailer jack. Also, is your actual hitch ball in good shape. I had problems with grounding in the past because of an old, rusty ball.

Same here. If the white ground is working, no need for the ball to ground.

When I built my house this year I ran about 4 different grounds. I don't think the word overkill applies to grounds, they are a real pain when they fail and most of us now have all the wires foamed in.

Sorry for replying to an old post but the same thing happened to me on my 2012 ice castle. What I found out after taking half the walls apart is that the bolts that the house is connected to and attach to the trailer lights have a little rust on them. Took my angle grinder to the bolt and bottom of frame in the back and tacked a little weld to the frame and bold and everything works just fine. Hope this will help someone. Suck they used crappy paint on the frame back them and now are rusting 

the only thing one can do with out tear the inside apart is simply run a ground wire from the capsul plug of the harneess, take it a aprt with small.sloted screw driver and a phillips, attach the 3 ft piesce of same grade wire to the ground connection which u must identify, run it thru the cassing, and self tap ithe end with proler conection to the frame with eaqual.lenght as the harnness. make sure u grind down to bare mettel 10.minuet fix. and a rusty ball has no effect on groound. it seems like it cause the trailer lighting is grounded to the hitch of the vehicle, but its not a fix and dose not cause problems.  its electrical and a ball is not electrical

There are 3 grounding points on your castle.  All 3 are grounded via carriage bolts on the bottom of your frame.

There is a bolt directly below both of your tail lights and then there is one on the passenger side, just aft of the V portion of the trailer.

Make sure all 3 are tight (that may be your fix).  If that doesn't do it, take them off and wire brush them.  If that doesn't do it, you may not be looking at a ground issue.  

FYI, just had to troubleshoot my brakes not working.  Turns out my passenger side brake had to be re-wired.  If IC wasn't so cheap, it would've been an easy fix as most campers/wheelers are built with junction boxes in their nose.  Low and behold, IC just wires them straight through which then requires ripping off diamond plating to rewire.

Coates RV in Forest Lake was great to work with and fixed that, along with a couple other things quickly and at a resonable price, IMO.  They also have great electronics for troubleshooting.