• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Navionics Platinum Canada - Lake Of The Woods

TJ27

Does anybody know if Lake Of The Woods has been updated to HD 1foot on the latest version of Navionics Platinum Canada? I bought my chip in 2011 or 2012 and it shows 5ft increments for LOW and would like to update it but don't want to spend the money if LOW isn't in HD.

Does anybody know if Lake Of The Woods has been updated to HD 1foot on the latest version of Navionics Platinum Canada? I bought my chip in 2011 or 2012 and it shows 5ft increments for LOW and would like to update it but don't want to spend the money if LOW isn't in HD.

Can't you preview on Navionics web site?

Del unfortunately no you cannot view the Canada area on the web app. Once you start zooming in it gets blocked.

The reason these chips didn't have 1 ft contours was because of some embargo with Canadian waterways (forget the official org). I did read somewhere that this has now expired and you should be able to get detailed data for much of the Canadian side of LOW but I haven't seen it yet myself.

I have the platinum chip which I bought last year. Never updated it and it worked well in low 20 miles out from Sioux narrows last year. No high definition but the trouble spots were all marked so that really helped. I am going to try and update with freshest data and see if its improved. As a comparison the lakemaster woods rainy chip does not cover the are we fished AT ALL. No contours.

You have a Platinum chip, you can get and buy Freshest Data for 50% of MSRP. ANyway Navionics has released SonarCharts for Canada which is available on Hotmaps Platinum. If you have a specific spot of interest I can get a screen shot off my ipad app which shows the 1' contours.

http://www.navionics.com/en/sonarcharts

http://www.navionics.com/en/freshest-data

When trying to view the maps in Canada there is a little message that says The Canadian Hydrographic Service does not allow charts to be viewed online.

CaptainMusky I agree the Platinum does show "almost" all of the wicked spots. I have found a couple that need to be added but thankfully the trolling motor depth alarm went of and we weren't cruising. Rainy Lake is in HD on my chip and seems to be very accurate.

Kirt I'm going to use their 50% update deal but only if or when the LOW charts are in HD. How about a screen shot from N 49°10.939' W 94°19.231' ? It's not a secret spot but a couple huge prop busting boulders that aren't on my map.

Thanks,TJ

i have navionics platinum in my elite 4 mounted on my snowmobile. has 1ft contours for at least Buffalo Bay. Have not been on the Ontario Side yet with it yet.

Navionics Gold mapping will be the same as Canadian Hydro maps which is good enough to navigate safely in most of NW Angle instances. Always a surprise here and there.

Not sure how it relates to HD as the Elite Series does not support.