• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LazerMag Ultra problem or maybe not??

clam up

Question

Got a brand new Lazer w/2 hp tecumseh power. When drilling, I seem to be experiencing some excessive clutch slipping. After this occurs, I can smell the results. I'm somewhat of a motorhead so I can tell good smells from bad ones and this is not great. It smells like a burning fan belt in a car. Just curious as to if I should be worried or if I should just ease up on her a little. I don't apply any pressure to it as it's weight carries it down plenty fast. Anyone else experienced this? I sure would appreciate any help.

4 answers to this question

I would give Strikemaster a call. We had gearbox problems where the gears were binding and you had to have it almost wide open for the blade to start turning. Well in the end SM ended up replacing it with a new power head. The people at SM are good people to deal with. Good luck!

----------

Fishn'Lady