• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey Jarrid,

Any advice on fishing LN?  I've fished it as a kid in the summer but I have never been ice fishing on the lake. Any suggestions on colors or lures?  I have 40 year old advice from my dad but that's about it. Going up at the end of this month.

Hi,

This lake is a harder lake to target fish as oppose to the open water season.  Nontheless, you can catch fish.  Fishing in edge of drop offs always is best for us.  Using soft plastics with tiny jigging raps or small small spoons.  This lake does have very big pan fish if you can find em, but join the movement and make sure to selectively harvest em.  We need them good genes in these waters to continue to produce great fishing opportunites.  Good luck mister

The lake is open now, but during my drive I noticed the dock was not in and in fact blocking the access.  so...  Pretty sure the ice went out on the 14th or 15th..  Spring time fish were biting good in the Hayward area.  We caught over 60 decent crappies and a couple of accidental game fish.  We released all of the fish we caught because we want to keep the spawn cycle good this year.  Hopefully others follow suit or at least selectively harvest on not stack freezers.  Good luck, JH

A little off topic here, but does anyone know what's up with the Waterfront.  Last I heard, Lindsey lost it, or gave it up to John Graves.  Is he reopening it and running it?  He's done such a fine job endearing himself to the town.  

Great spot.  If someone could run it well and connect with the community, it could be a gold mine.

On April 28, 2016 at 3:03 PM, aschir01 said:

I'll be visiting for a week in early July and am looking for advice on catching smallmouth bass at that time of year. Thanks in advance for the help and PMs are very welcome.

On April 28, 2016 at 3:03 PM, aschir01 said:

I'll be visiting for a week in early July and am looking for advice on catching smallmouth bass at that time of year. Thanks in advance for the help and PMs are very welcome.

My favorite is to cast into shore with plastics just before sunrise.  You will have the lake to yourself and have a chance for some bigger than average fish.   

You can catch em all day, but some days the traffic on the lake can get bad, so yes morning hours are best.  I like casting x raps #10, or northland tackle impulse paddle (great bait).  Smallies on Nebags can be great fun!  Good luck, and if you have trouble feel free to give me a call and I can help ya out.  Number below.

Tight Lines,
JH

Waterfront is now called dockside and they are open.  Not sure about tournaments, we don't participate in them because, not fans of what they can do to fish populations.  All these lakes in the area have far to many tournaments which contribute to hurtful results.