• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flooring

eagle_3464

I know some here have reported using a coin pattern "rubber" flooring in your wheel houses. Is this the same stuff you buy at menards sku 7038938? Do you like it and does water pool between the raised coin pattern making it hard to squeegee the water off? I am debating on going that route or with an outdoor type carpet sku 7674633. The coin pattern is a polyvinyl material and the carpet has a latex backing with 7yr warranty. What's your preference, or is there something you like better? Thanks.

We went with rubber backed commercial "airport" style carpeting. It will work like outdoor carpeting, but be nicer to look at and softer on me toes.No water gets through it and it comes in 2 1/2 lazer cut squares, so if you burn or stain a spot, it doesnt all have to be replaced.

We got ALOT of this and decided to use for the ice house as it should be perfect. If you have a way to get it, i will gladely give you enough to do your house and have some extras for replacement.

(I have enough for 1 other person, if someone else needs some too)

Thanks for the offer Chad. Do you happen to have a link where I could check it out at? What would be the size and weight if I wanted to have some shipped to me here? I am quite a distance from you so I don't think it would work to come get it. We do have kids in Shokapee if you get that way.

We were going to use the coined rubber flooring but it was kinda thin and I've heard its squeaky when its wet. We went with a commercial rubber tile floor, the tiles are 24"x 24". It's great so far, a little slippery when cold and snow but that goes away as soon as its warmed up. Not squeaky when wet. I did not want carpet, dropped hooks bury in the weave and fish slime, the rubber is easy to clean and dries fast. Pictures are pre-diamond plate kick panel.

7C3892E1-262E-48C9-9CA2-FFEE48A6F2D9_zps

D26D37D4-60A6-44E6-AF6D-A119C7821100_zps

I tried to find the carpet online, but i couldnt find the pattern. However looking online i was surprised how much this stuff is. $225 a package. I am going to try and get the house carpeted tonight or Wednesday night, i'll take pictures for you.

I used the nickel flooring from Menards. I thought it was more than adequate thickness for covering the floor. Actually was heavy enough that I would not want any thicker. Same story, a little slippery when covered with snow and cold, but goes away fast. Only other minor nuisance is it has a tendency to expand when you warm it up so there are sometimes ripples when the floor heats up. Best bet would be to put it down when the floor is extra warm and then anchor it. I don't know that anybody else notices the ripples but I am annoyed by it. smile

Sounds like I may want to avoid the coined flooring from Menards. I am very much interested in seeing the carpet project in your house Chad. I commend you on your project but most importantly for the cause.

Is anyone using self adhesive vinyl tiles?

Sounds like I may want to avoid the coined flooring from Menards.

If you're going off my review alone, I would definitely use it again. I think it's the perfect floor covering for my house (year round and occasional toy hauler). Carpet would have been a nightmare last year during deer camp, mud everywhere. That said if this is strictly a fish house there might be carpet options that would be nicer/warmer.

Ripper, that is why i went with the rubber backed tile carpet. it dries very fast, insulates floor, and also will not let snow melt from the top get to the wood below.

What is the back of your marine carpet like? woven?

This is a rubber backed marine carpet. I'm not worried about the wood below...I'm sick of my socks getting wet when I get up to grab another beer.

It seems like it dries fast, and it does in front of the furnace, but give it the sock test in a different area and you'll see what I mean.