• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Will a Otter Lodge if in a Chevy Truck

iffwalleyes

Question

I have seen this question on the forum before but I couldn't find it today. I know that the house will fit but my question is that with a Access Cover on a full size silverado (6 1/2' bed) will an otter magnum lodge fit under the cover. I am pretty sure it will but I was woundering if any of you had experience with this. Do they fit and leave room to cover it up.

7 answers to this question

My Otter Resort fits in my Ford Ranger (with the tailgate down). The sled and house barely fit under my tonneau cover, so I would think that the Lodge will fit in a full size truck with no problems...

Believe it or not, the Otter Magnum Lodge fits in the back of my 94 S-10 Blazer. I just prop the slanted end up on the back edge of my front seats and I'm off to the lake. Not too uncomfortable either. So I know it would fit in the back of a full size Chev with a cover.

Ok here is an idea, lets avoid the guess work. Go to the Otter site, they have the dimensions on there.

Take those dimensions, and go measure your truck bed and and height to the inside of your cover. You will soon know the answer!

My ottter medium sled just squeezes under my cover, not sure how much deeper this one is though.

I just checked, the site says they are 18" high, so if I recall correctly that should fit just fine, because it isn't any taller than my otter medium which fits under my Truxedo cover, and these covers are just about identical.

So your answer is YES!

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 02-14-2003).]

I am sure it will, I fit the Cabin (medium sled) in my S-10 and I dont have much room but it works with the tailgate up. I know this may not be of much help but I had the same question when I bought my Otter. The guy at Cabelas actually let me take the Medium sled out of the store and put it in my truck to make sure it fit before I bought it.

yb

The Otter magnum will fit in the 6 1/2 bed of the truck. I have the same set-up and the tailgate just touches the frame of the fishhouse. Of course if you have the hitch assy on the house you need to remove it. I'm not sure if it will fit under you tonneau cover or not, I'm sure it will be close.