Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iffwalleyes

Will a Otter Lodge if in a Chevy Truck

8 posts in this topic

I have seen this question on the forum before but I couldn't find it today. I know that the house will fit but my question is that with a Access Cover on a full size silverado (6 1/2' bed) will an otter magnum lodge fit under the cover. I am pretty sure it will but I was woundering if any of you had experience with this. Do they fit and leave room to cover it up.

My Otter Resort fits in my Ford Ranger (with the tailgate down). The sled and house barely fit under my tonneau cover, so I would think that the Lodge will fit in a full size truck with no problems...

Believe it or not, the Otter Magnum Lodge fits in the back of my 94 S-10 Blazer. I just prop the slanted end up on the back edge of my front seats and I'm off to the lake. Not too uncomfortable either. So I know it would fit in the back of a full size Chev with a cover.

Ok here is an idea, lets avoid the guess work. Go to the Otter site, they have the dimensions on there.

Take those dimensions, and go measure your truck bed and and height to the inside of your cover. You will soon know the answer!

My ottter medium sled just squeezes under my cover, not sure how much deeper this one is though.

I just checked, the site says they are 18" high, so if I recall correctly that should fit just fine, because it isn't any taller than my otter medium which fits under my Truxedo cover, and these covers are just about identical.

So your answer is YES!

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 02-14-2003).]

I have the Otter Magnum AND the Access Cover on my short box Ford. Yes, the Magnum fits under the cover and with the tailgate closed.

I am sure it will, I fit the Cabin (medium sled) in my S-10 and I dont have much room but it works with the tailgate up. I know this may not be of much help but I had the same question when I bought my Otter. The guy at Cabelas actually let me take the Medium sled out of the store and put it in my truck to make sure it fit before I bought it.

yb

The Otter magnum will fit in the 6 1/2 bed of the truck. I have the same set-up and the tailgate just touches the frame of the fishhouse. Of course if you have the hitch assy on the house you need to remove it. I'm not sure if it will fit under you tonneau cover or not, I'm sure it will be close.

Alright thanks to all of you for your responses. I glad to know that it will fit. I would have hated buy one and have it not fit. Thanks again

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Actually the guy at ace was pretty close. These little guys are for framing steel studs before sheetrocking,  but yes they also could be for sheet metal work even though they are black . But your right hawg sharp and go in fast. 
    • What  a sweet find !!   Even better that you had a camera handy !!
    • Great trade and as of last year I know I wasn't ready to part with Lavine and his potential but that all changed when he went down with the injury.  I hope Lavine becomes a stud for Chicago in a few years but our time to win is now with this addition!!  Great move giving up hope for a top 15 player in the league that plays D is brilliant with the young studs we still have on roster.  Now all we need to do is add another player or 2 in free agency to strengthen our bench and we will be looking good.  Excited for the free agency to start!!! Playoffs here we come!!!!!! GO WOLVES!!!!!!!!!!!
    • http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/06/22/mall-of-america-slips/   Classic case of doctors juicing up a medical claim with a series of failed therapies, creating a life long patient and a corporation with deep pockets to bill for those services.  Think not?  Dont be so naive.  Nobody wanted to fix her, they just wanted to keep billing, sad deal that happens all too often.          
    • That Drouin contract at 5.5 is kind of bad for us right now. Nino is far more proven than him and Granlund has had the beast season out of the 3 of them. Hard to see anything under 5 for each of them. 
    • Looks like the Wild moved Schroeder for....another Schroeder.  Maybe the new guy will be more consistent.   I see Evander Kane is on the trade market.  On the expensive side, but if the Wild decide to move Scandella instead of Dumba, that would free up more money.  A guy capable of scoring 30+ goals with some size would be sweet.     I am thinking Granlund and Nino each sign for in between 4-5$ mil each.  Hopefully less and hopefully Pominville will restructure a little.  Doesn't leave a ton of cap space for free agents or other guys.     Lots of moving parts in Chicago.  They seem to be moving a lot of parts around to try to work with their cap situation.  
    • I think you, or the person at Ace, meant "Sheet metal". That's what they're used for....sheet metal and HVAC work. They have a self-tapping thread. Look on your furnace where the sheet-metal ducting is fastened...bingo!   Also called "sheet metal screws".  Hope they work for ya!  
    • Reminds me of a memorable morning at our place when  THREE male's landed on a front picture window ledge and just sat there for a few minutes looking in.  What a glorious sight!  They were likely just moving through because we do not see them during a normal summer. In fact this summer we have noticed a decline in many species; no bluebirds at all, only a couple doves, fewer swallows, not as many wrens (but still plenty of them) and for the first time a pair of cowbirds. Normal mornings are like a symphony around here just about daybreak.
    • forgot I made this post, I fished a lake here in SD last weekend that has a sunken road way and bridge completely submerged. Its gotten to the point the concrete has fallen apart under water but you can still see most of the structure in tact but also some rebar etc.   I wanted to get a screen capture but as usual that exact spot was popular and already occupied with other boats playing bumper boats to anchor and fish near and I didn't want to intrude on their fishing space just for a picture. 
  • Our Sponsors