• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Door and latch freezing

Ybone

I have a new Yetti with a camper style door. I'm having a lot of trouble with moisture around the edges of the door and also inside the latch. Had to come out through a window today since the latch froze while I was inside. The door itself has froze shut to where I had to use a torch to thaw it. I have a direct vent empire heater. Any ideas to keep the latch from freezing and the moisture from building up on the door edge?

Out of desperation, I once used Pam cooking spray in similar situation. Worked wonders. I'd take the latch apart, dry it and apply a light coat of it...or regular oil. As for door freezing shut, perhaps add some weather stripping or put rug/towel where it leaks the most.

I have ceiling fans in my wheelhouse and keep them on low speed nearly all the time. At night, I also have a fan mounted near the ceiling across from my door to blow the heat at the door. Never been shut in or out, but I keep a hair dryer in the house and in the truck just in case.

I put an outside 110v outlet next to the door just for that purpose. My generator runs 24/7 when I am using my house.

Iso-heat will melt the ice if you spalsh it at the latch...then WD-40 the latch...but if you pull the latch apart and stuff in a little insulation it helps also! The door issue maybe pull the trim and silicone around it a little better? If it is right in the seam...it may be a bad seal?

I think my house is too tight and get some freezing and ice buildup in a small section of the door and it gets hard to close in frigid weather. The foam insulation also sticks sometimes. Anyone ever use the 3M V-Seal?