• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

T-mobile switch?

meerkat

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been with Verizon since cell phone were in a bag. They have the best coverage bar none. I have a friend who is always looking for the best deal and switches carriers all the time. His T mobile losses service in the Twin cities and out in the boonies forget about. Our IT co we use has tried them all and is back with Verizon due to coverage issues in the Twin Cities of the others and lack of coverage out state. Basically my Verizon has gotten coverage everywhere I have traveled with no issues. I see I can even get coverage in Canada now for a month for a reasonable rate. I am sticking with them just on coverage alone as my buddies are always using my phone cause theirs is not getting a good signal etc when on a fishing or hunting trip.

Mwal

Quote:
I've heard Sprint is losing quite a few customers these days

They are on the verge of losing my wife and me if their coverage continues to worsen. I drop calls on my main floor of my house in Bloomington. Data comes and goes whenever it wants, too. If other carriers were better in Ottertail county, I'd drop them in a heartbeat! My parents have Verizon up there and have their own issues, too.

They all have issues; pick your poison.

I've heard Sprint is losing quite a few customers these days

Is that why they are looking to buy T-Mobile?

I didn't say they lost all of there customers. smile

I was just looking at the Churn numbers which is the percentage of customers lost to the competition and Sprint is the worst as far as the big 3 go.

It looks like the I-Phone 5C 32 gig is available on line for free now with Verizon.

Its a little different I-Phone design with a plastic case/housing.

Walleye29 likes his so maybe not a bad option if you are looking for an I-Phone on a cheap upgrade.

It looks like the I-Phone 5C 32 gig is available on line for free now with Verizon.

Its a little different I-Phone design with a plastic case/housing.

Walleye29 likes his so maybe not a bad option if you are looking for an I-Phone on a cheap upgrade.

5c is the former 5 with a new plastic case in a variety of colors.

another nice thing about the Verizon loyalty program is it's only $10 per gig you go over and you don't have to call them it just automatically updates.

so 60 a month 2 gigs unlimited text and calling and then $10 per gig over.

posted from my new Samsung 4 lol

I have 3 smart phones through ATT, all unlimited talk and text, and share 10 gigs, for $140 a month.

I have one line through Verizon with 2 gig for $69

I cant wait until the Verizon contract ends this summer, so I can ditch it.

yeah i need to do something starting to research for new phone carriers. I have tmobile now but drop calls phone wont dial when u want it too or answer. kids have the same issues too. I head up north to dulth for hunting coverage is spotty. I cant even text have the time goes in and out buddy had no issues next to me. So lloking at maybe verizon or someone else. Just what your guys thoughts

I switched from Verizon to AT&T a few months ago and can believe how many dropped calls and how spotty the signal is. I thought AT&T was comparable to Verizon as far as signal strength especially in the cities and I'm not real happy, even my kids complain about dropped calls and poor signal. Up at the lake I have a little better signal (at times), but not noticeable enough to warrant the switch. Two weeks ago I switched my last phone to AT&T and paid the 180.00 early termination fee and I'm having second thoughts. My wife has Verizon for work and we compare signals all the time and Verizon is top dog! If Verizon didn't pi$$ me off after being a customer since the bag phone days, I would be back with them. My general use areas are from the cities up to Cook area.

Carrier coverage is pretty much dependent on where you are. I had Verizen for work and had to can it for AT&T up here. A guy I work with in Duluth had such poor reception with Verizen, that because of dropped calls etc they kinda insisted he switch to AT&T, but then when he lived in across the bridge in Superior his phone worked great.

I switched from Verizon to AT&T a few months ago and can believe how many dropped calls and how spotty the signal is. I thought AT&T was comparable to Verizon as far as signal strength especially in the cities and I'm not real happy, even my kids complain about dropped calls and poor signal. Up at the lake I have a little better signal (at times), but not noticeable enough to warrant the switch. Two weeks ago I switched my last phone to AT&T and paid the 180.00 early termination fee and I'm having second thoughts. My wife has Verizon for work and we compare signals all the time and Verizon is top dog! If Verizon didn't pi$$ me off after being a customer since the bag phone days, I would be back with them. My general use areas are from the cities up to Cook area.

Around Cook you are better off with ATT. Verizon is good on Tower end. T-mobile roams on ATT for voice, but data is quite restricted.

Dear T-Mobile, I couldn't care less that you have coverage over seas when I can't even get coverage in my house, or at work! Stop tooting your horn because does anybody really care??!

Actually I care. T-mobile works great for me in town and it works fine for me when in the Otter Tail area. My data does slow down to 3G up there, but that's fine, and there are no dropped calls, as is the case here at home.

The international service is important for me also. Free data is huge for me while in Mexico 2 or 3 times a year and the .20 per minute non wi-fi calls are handy when needed. T-mobile works just fine for me, and I have not had the hidden charge issue.