Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
benbosh

Archery Shop

Well once I get my tax return I am going to be buying a new bow. This topic has probably been covered a thousand times and I'll probably get a thousand different answers but I am looking for an archery shop either in the Mankato area (I've been to the one in Kasota and wasn't real impressed) but I am willing to drive an hour and a half or so to the metro for a reputable shop with a large selection and great service. I seen in other posts that A-1 in Hudson is great but quite a drive for me but if its really that good I'm willing to drive! If anybody has any recommendations or ones to stay away from that would be great! Appreciate any help!

The purchase of a bow is not a transaction to be taken lightly. Buy it once, buy it right. A-1 is the place to make this happen. When you consider how long you have your bow and how important it is to get it right, the drive from Mankato to Hudson will be viewed as nothing more than part of your due diligence in buying a quality product from an expert shop.

Buying a bow is a big deal and not something you take lightly. I have done most of my business at Cabin Fever Sports in Victoria, MN. It is only about an hour drive from Mankato. Great tech guys, especially if you are looking into a Mathews Bow. They are knowledgeable and very good people to work with. It is a family owned business and they do not push certain things on you, as I feel A-1 in Hudson does. Just my input.

If you need any further input on the store, let me know, as I know the owner and he is a great guy that is at the store every day and always willing to help.

Mike

I like Cabin Fever and A-1. the only big box archery shop i will take my bow to is Scheels in eau claire! they know there stuff! they will work on your bow for free even if you did not buy your boy from there.

Go see Marty at Archery Headquarters in Rochester.

This. Marty knows his stuff. Great guy.