• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best rattle reel on the market is??

bassNspear

I need to get 6 rattle reels for my new ice castle. I want to hear everyone opinion on whats the best out there. I want them to be very easy to move around and store away.

thanks

I don't know if they are the "best" or not but I have a few of these in my house and like them.

rattlereel_zps916636a0.jpg

Bass

Check out the ones they sell at Fishhouse supply in Bufflao, MN, nice set up and the rod holders can come off the wall for storage if you so choose. They swing nice and are quite noisey. You can order extra hangers so you can move them from spot to spot if you do not want to buy numerous ones.

Lewandoski Glow-in-the-Dark Rattle Reels, lifetime warranty and Fishhouse is a great company with even better customer service. They use to sponsor on HSO, may still, I do not know.

Well built, very smooth when the line goes out and one can set the tension with a rubber grommet on the back side of the reel.

I have had the ones above and nothing wrong with them at all, these just seem to be a nicer unit and very user friendly.

I have 4 of them and 6 holders incase I want to move 1 or 2 in a different location in the house.

Not sure if they are the best on the market but I am very happy with them.

Lindell hands down! They are almost too smooth sometimes. At first I was afraid they weren't loud enough but they are just fine. I've had them all and these are the best. IMHO If you buy the wooden ones and want to fish panfish you'll need to get different reels, with Lindell they work great for both.

I used old 1000 yard line spools on 1/4 inch rods we bent and inserted in screw eyes into the walls. Put a squirt of spray silicone on the shaft once a season and used the rubber bands from the 02 minnow bags in front of and behind spool to adjust tension. For line used old fly line with 4ft leader. You can throw fly line all over the floor and it does not knot or tangle. Great when my kids where small.

Mwal