• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bye Cassel

Scott M

I would have no problem with McCown, but how much money and what kind of contract is he going to want after the year he had? Are we looking to sign a guy to mentor another rookie for a year or sign someone to play for several years? Those are questions any free agent qb is going to be asking, including the 2 who were here last year.

I can't believe people care much about Cassel, yeah he was better out of him and Ponder but that is not saying much. After watching Ponder for awhile any QB that can complete a few passes in a row and put a few points on the board looks great even though they are really mediocre. He only threw for 200 yds a game with 11 TD's and 9 INT's.

Quote:
Minnesota Vikings' quarterback Matt Cassel said that in 2013, the unstable nature of the position was unsettling. Not knowing who would be the starter from week to week made getting ready for games difficult.

However, he decided to return to the team to work with new offensive coordinator and QB guru Norv Turner in the fold, and a new $10 million two-year contract.

Cassel doesn't expect a repeat of 2013 and he expects to be the starter from day one.

"That's my mentality, absolutely," Cassel said, Brian Murphy of TwinCities.com.

"I go in with the expectation to be the starter -- and that won't change. At the same time, you still have to go out there and prove it and compete, knowing there's going to be two other quarterbacks, maybe three other quarterbacks."

I can't believe people care much about Cassel, yeah he was better out of him and Ponder but that is not saying much. After watching Ponder for awhile any QB that can complete a few passes in a row and put a few points on the board looks great even though they are really mediocre. He only threw for 200 yds a game with 11 TD's and 9 INT's.

This one is for you DrLoose.