• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Radio replacement

Okay, I have a ford f150, 2005 super crew, I have a Sirius unit on my dash that I play through the tape deck. Thursday night, the tape deck stopped working, I love my Sirius radio, so I am considering getting a new radio and installing it myself. I went to crutchfield and best buy online and Crutchfield was easier to navigate and I found radio's that are Sirius compatible. Now does "compatable" mean I can just plug in the sirius antenna, enter my acct. code and I am good to go or do I still need the receiver on my dash? Getting rid of the receiver would be nice.....

Also, since my truck has 4 speakers(two up front and two in back) would I need a 4 channel amp since there are 4 speakers? Front/Back, Left/Right.

I have looked at a couple installation videos on line and the wiring looks doable and the soldering looks easy enough, just the technical jargon is overwhelming

Quote:
If your A/V receiver or audio system says Sirius- or XM-Ready, it simply means that it's capable of giving you a seamless, fully integrated satellite radio experience. Makes sense, right? You'll likely just have to add a compatible tuner to your A/V receiver or audio system. Once you've got that, you'll be able to use the remote from your A/V receiver to search and navigate SiriusXM right on your stereo screen or TV