Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
busse3775

Devils Lake Fishing Report

A couple buddies and I are heading out to Devils Lake this coming weekend and I was wondering if anyone had any good reports for Perch and Walleye? I have never fished Devils Lake before so was wondering if anyone had any advice.

Hi Busse, it is better to check in the forum for this specific lake, rather than the general ice fishing thread. they will be able to help you in there. Good luck on your trip!

Are you pulling up a wheel house or staying some where and running around with portables? If you are bringing up a wheel house I suggest bringing a portable as well.

I to am going for the first time this weekend. Me and 2 other guys bringing portables just going to wing it hope to figure it out. Any Help guys?

Alright thank you for the advice! Are there parts of the lake that are typically better fishing for perch than others? Or what parts of the lake would you recommend?

Alright thank you for the advice! Are there parts of the lake that are typically better fishing for perch than others? Or what parts of the lake would you recommend?

Watch the reports on the www.devilslakend.com as it gets closer to the time you are coming.

Just wanted to give an update on my fishing at Devils lake this past weekend. It was a pretty cold weekend but the fish were biting! Our first day fishing we did more scouting and moved around on Black Tiger quite a bit but still caught a decent amount of perch and a couple eyes. Saturday was hot and ended up getting our four person limit in perch and also in walleyes. Saturday evening the walleyes were very aggressive and we caught around 30 eyes in about 2 hours so it was an awesome time. Had a great weekend fishing Devils lake for the first time and plan on going back in two weeks!

Yeah we had a Suburban pulling a trailer and we had no problem. There isn't to much snow on the lake and what little drifts there are they were really hard.

Travel is a little tougher in some areas of the lake now, but you can still get around ok with a truck just pay attention to the bigger drifts.

The fishing Saturday was pretty terrible. The fish were there, but very negative. We got a few eyes in the morning and then went out looking for perch. We found perch, but most fish that came in were extremely negative. They wouldn't separate more than a couple inches from the bottom. A few came in and would smack spoons with either minnow heads or spikes. We also got a few on small tungsten jigs with spikes and a few with small jigs and the smallest minnows we could find.

It didn't seem to matter where we went. I had a friend fishing the towers area and 6 mile. We tried Black Tiger, East Devils, and Stump.

3 of us just got back from a 4 day trip to Devils and had a blast. We caught well over 100 perch in the time we were there. Best depth was 40-45 fow for us. Fished the same spot all 4 days and the fish were there every day. Had to do a lot of hole hopping, but once you found the active ones they were very easy to catch as they would meet your bait 3 to 4 feet off the bottom when dropping it. Hali's worked best for us by far, but we also caught fish on buckshots, tingler spoons, and slender spoons.