• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

86 f250 plow truck issue

I plowed for about 15 min this morning, got out of the truck for something came back in went to lift the Older Western plow and the truck wanted to stall which has never happened before. Tried it a few more times, then all of a sudden it would not idle and stalled. Now I have nothing, not even a click on the starting solenoid. I changed out the starting solenoid just because I had another one and still nothing. Voltage seems fine on battery and on solenoid. New starter last year, but it really doesn’t matter right now because I am not even getting to the solenoid. When I try to jump the starting solenoid, I get a small spark but the starter doesn’t crank. I am inclined to think it may be a battery or a ground issue? Can a battery just go dead? It started fine when I started plowing at -8. I know I need to replace the plow solenoid, but that doesn’t fit into the not starting issue.

Scratching my head, any thoughts?

Turn your headlight on for 5 minutes, do they stay bright?

I am with Jeremy on this. More then likely the extra load from the plow, burnt up your alternator, then the battery went dead. I see it a lot with plow trucks.

fusible link is just a piece of wire. I had one go out in the work parking lot for no known reason. Took me like two days to figure out what the problem was. Car was basically dead. fuses good, battery good, etc. But there was this one wire sort of out of sight that wasn't.

It was just a thought.

Ground all the way. Try taking a jumper cable and just use one side of it. Jump from the negative battery cable to the engine block and see if it now starts. If so, bad battery connection or negative cable from battery to engine block.