• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nils Master Jigging shads

Norco

Question

5 answers to this question

I've done well with the smallest size glow/charteuse with a fathead (head) on the middle treble. I don't think the action is as good as the rapalas, but it is something a little different.

I've caught a lot of walleyes on all three sizes. They have a great shape and work very well for just about all species. Just let the fish tell you what they want. As for color, I usually try to "match the hatch". Use colors that imitate the baitfish in the lake you are fishing. Good luck!

------------------
Adam Johnson
www.adamjohnsonfishing.com

I've used them a lot for walleyes and pike, and the smallest size sometimes for perch.

I cut off the hooks on front and back. I noticed that I always caught my fish on the treble, never the end hooks. They almost always get stuck on the bottom of the hole, and I lost a lot of fish that way before I cut them off.

I usually tip the treble with a minnow head, but when walleyes are agressive you don't need to. Their heavy weight makes them especially nice in deep water.

I've used them since they became available.

The Baby Shad's are great for all species and the original size is great for early season, more aggressive fish.

By far, the Perch pattern has out-produced other colors and patterns in my arsenal.

I fish out of a 10" hole so I leave the nose and tail hooks on--I also take a hook sharpener to these end hooks and make them extra sharp.

Next, I remove the large Treble hook from the body and replace it with a #8 Treble.

Good Luck!

------------------
Chells