• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Regret getting a wheel house?

Huey

I think it's important to build or buy a full 8ft somewhat luxury house, and by that I mean dry floors,comfortable beds, good lighting, heat, satellite TV and almost cabin-like, or stay portable. Hauling around a wet, soggy, unvented, uncomfortable house is a drag unless you get a nice one. I would never go back, and neither will you as you get older.

I think it's important to build or buy a full 8ft somewhat luxury house, and by that I mean dry floors,comfortable beds, good lighting, heat, satellite TV and almost cabin-like, or stay portable. Hauling around a wet, soggy, unvented, uncomfortable house is a drag unless you get a nice one. I would never go back, and neither will you as you get older.

well to each his own...but my little 6.5 wide, with no comfy beds, good lighting, vented furnace, ... need I even mention no satellite TV (seriously?) is most assuredly not a drag:) It's a fast, light, portable, reasonably comfortable,, easy to pull, fast to setup/down, didn't break the bank, fish catching machine:)

Ive been a per guy for many years. raised my kids in a 17ft camper in side demision 2/3rd less that size, have many fond memories of it. but have gotten to the point wher its time to go large or go home. Wife an I droped mega bucks on a 20ft V castle. 24ft V was just to big having been in one. Its amazing, we've been on red all season an Im still just reeling in the fact that its real. Granted now ice fishing is all we do in the winter so getting our winter money out of it is easy. we have AC so summer use is a great option, the wife an I both have motor cycles so we cant wait to ride an camp with it. Now to be affordable we stretched the payments out to ten yrs, to get it down to an affordable monthly payment and any extra cash gose towrds the principal. I am so luving it bad style. And red has pumped out limits for use every time we've went so that just a bonus. Certainly chritening it in style. The really nie thing is if the fish ain biting we crnak up the sattleight an whe have a 32" tv to watch whater ever we want movies ect. an its fun to to take an adventure on our sleds to the middle of nowhere to see if the fish are biting. If your an avid ice fisherman ya gota try it once,if it ain for you yu can flip it.

I have not used a my portable this year at all if that tells you something. I do wish mine was a little smaller something like a zack shack most of the time it's just two people in my house and I don't leave it on the lake when I'm not there (I live in the cities to many stories of someone breaking in) it would be a little easier on my pocket with the lighter house when pulling it around. And would I sell mine probably not unless I decide to build something different. It is a luxury that comes with the price tag.

I love mine when I can use it and my wife actually likes fishing in it also which helps. I enjoy dropping the Rattle reels and kicking back with a movie on or taking a nap and still effectively fishing. Ice Fishing with -20 temps in sweats, hoodie and slippers is pretty awesome! Storage and gettign around are ok but I find myself not wanting to go for 2-3 hours but looking for days to stay all day/night. So I think I may miss some extra trips.

I am glad I bought one. It is just a plain jane no beds. Just heater and some cabinets for storage space with a battery for lights. I work 11-7 alot and it is nice to just be able to go out turn on heater drill a hole and fish. No loading portable. It is also easy to move if I want to. I don't travel far with it though.