• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Heading out Wednesday morning early for a few days. Goin with my dad and this will be our first ever dakota fishing visit. Any word on access conditions after the blizzard yesterday.? Up in the air yet about bringing the ice castle or sticking with the portable. Definetly want to try and get on some perch. Heard enemy swim for panfish.. I'm sure everyone is pretty tight lipped out there but if anyone would like to share any info that'd be awesome! Could pm me if you'd like! Thanks!

Sounds like wind, wind and more wind. Would like to stay mobile, is that a big factor out there or can you plop down the castle and catch fish?

I'd suggest being mobile for perch and hoping the barometer has the fish active. I drilled 3 or 4 gas tanks worth of holes last weekend.

Wouldn't hurt to set the wheel house up as a base camp over some good structure for the low light/overnight eyes though.

How much snow is out there? I know last year late it was impossible to get around with the snow and a vehicle (tracks only).

Planning on coming out mid-March and would like to bring the wheel houses but wouldn't have to if the lake won't allow for it. Does any resort out there do any plowing on the ice?