• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Egg Boiling People

tack didn't work for me either. Poked hole in round end and cooked for 12 minutes, cooled in cold water and then all 8 of em peeled just like always. All of them had a tiny bit of white coming out the poked hole so I obviously poked through.

Will try again.

cool.

just did 6 fresh eggs for a test. bought them 2 days ago.

poked holes

brought water to slow boil and then dropped eggs in for 8 minutes.

took off burner and let sit for 7 minutes.

filled pan 3 times with cold water.

peeled slicker than a harpooned hippo on a banana tree. smile

if you try it this way and it does not work maybe the twilight zone is in yer kitchen...

grin

I've been steaming the eggs. It takes less energy to use steam from 1 inch of water than to bring a pot to boil and maintain the temperature. Got the idea from Alton Brown video on You Tube. Steam for 12 minutes (large eggs)and they come out perfect.

heeheehee pb. smokin turkey legs today for the LOW trip tuesday. smile I have smoked eggs for about 25 years. first saw the idea years ago in the book that comes with the little chief smoker. bought one 30 years ago but thought the egg thing was wierd till I tried it. used to smoke popcorn kernels too. lol. pretty good actually.

the eggs are really great deviled. a little miracle whip, chili powder and onion powder is a good one to start with and get creative from there. cajon powder and lemon pepper is one of my favorites. or just eat them straight. mmmmm! or in a salad. egg salad on a roll up with red peppers and lettuce. so many ways.... so little time.