• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rapala Electric Fillet Knives

marine_man

Question

6 answers to this question

I've been through numerous (and more expensive) electric fillet knives, e.g. Mister Twister, Rapala.

None of them has lasted as long as the $20.00 electric carving knives from your local discount retailers...

------------------
Chells

Hey Marine Man
What are you worried about you wife will get you one anyhow. You know what I think but for everyone else I think that the Rapala knife is the best electric knife I have used. The motor unit is smaller than all other brands so it is less bulkey to work with. Also the way the knife comes it has all of the adapters to run 12 volt, and 110 also it has 2 blades I believe they are a 6 and 8 inch and then a bonus little cutting board. I have a rechargable american angler and it is nice but you can only fillet about 10 fish before the battery dies and it will not run off of the charger. The cord on the knife is really long as well so you can probably fillet fish 25' away from your power supply. This is by far better than anyother fillet knife I have used.

If you can find them any place the Black & Decker knives are the best I have one and a Mister Twister and you can really tell the diference. I can believe some people still use fillet knives, electric is the way to go. I cleaned 200 perch at Sunsetview Resort on Winnie a month or so ago in about 1 and a half and the people in the cleaning house could not beleive there eyes, I was putting on a clinic for them. Get the Decker I ordered mine and have not switched blades in 3 years.

I was at Walmart on Monday and they had a Black & Decker electric knife there for about $19. I bought a GE one and it works great at a much lower price than the "fishing" electric knives. Never against saving a little money. It also came with 2 blades and a carrying case.